+ Reply to Thread

New SD card-Won't read pics on it?

Received my 256 Lexar SD card today from Buy.com as suggested on this site.

CHEAP . . . $47.99 (Incl $20 rebate incl) no tax or shipping. Site said 7-21 days for free ship, but came in 3 days anyway.

So now the cards in. I moved 5 pics to the card from the 7135's internal memory where I original downloaded them and viewed with no problems. But they won't show up on the card. Has .pdb extension. When I try to view on Photo View says "there is no image on memory card" (it's lying to me, I just can't prove it).
    Card's Application directory shows 168 bytes for the one pic I left on the card, but can't view it.
    When I open photosuite and click on the card Icon nothing happens.

I don't see anything in the user guide on this and I already did a search on this site for answer to what I'm doing wrong by entering *SD card. Nothing specific to this problem came up.

Thx for any help<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

AJR
    When I moved my photos from memory to the card, it did not put them in the correct place for PhotoSuite. If I remember correctly, it moved them into the root directory of the SD card. Use the file manager to move them to the PalmLauncher directory on the SD card. Then PhotoSuite will see them!

Hey, Thanks AJR. That was it. It worked. They don't ref in the user guide and could not find it on the CD unless it's buried in the CD's user guide.
    What I was doing wrong was I didn't realize when you open and tap the yellow up arrow on the card and change directories that it stays on that directory. I was trying to figure how how to have the "move" command indicate which directory to move the pics into. It only says it is moving it to the card.
    I also saw how to change directories, but was worried if I moved pics into the Launch directory I might screw up that program because I didn't know where or how the Launch program appeared on the card after I put the card in the first time today. All I knew is that a program appeared that was taking up memory that I never put on the card.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Palm III, V>6035>7135>6035>650>700p>755p (on Vzn), Palm's BT Treo Hdset,

I have moved my pictures to the Launch directory on the card, however Photosuite still cannot view them. They are .jpg files. Do you have any idea why this might be??

.jpg files need to be in a directory named DCIM. Not in the launcher directory. Also PhotoSuite can't read .jpg files from the card, you need the PhotoView program. If it's not already on your unit, run the install for PhotoSuite from the CD and along the way it will ask if you want to install PhotoView.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

i've found photoview to be less than desirable as a viewer...

sometimes only half the pic loads, there is no panning or zooming and it doesn't display pics using the entire screen

photosuite does better, but it's a pain to have to convert the files b4 they can b used....

Yes, PhotoView does have it's problems loading a full image, especially large ones. In fact I renamed the DCIM directory on the card so that PhotoView wouldn't automatically open every time I switch cards. There are other graphic viewers out there though. I haven't tried any of them.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

I highly recommend SplashPhoto. But then, I always do.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator