+ Reply to Thread

pages always slow?

if you start using the data browsers in the phone, theres like eudora browswer, and also kyercera browser, if i randomly pick a site there seems to be a long loading time. Is it because I am no selecting a site designed for palms? I am very new to this, i know if i launch the regular openwave browser it will be slow because my network caps the speed but the other browsers should carry a faster transfer speed due to the 1x.

Dreaderus

EDIT: also what would a usb data cable be used for? Would that e used if you need to link up to a laptop? or could it also be used to synche it to your home computer.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: pages always slow?

Originally posted by dreaderus
    if you start using the data browsers in the phone, theres like eudora browswer, and also kyercera browser, if i randomly pick a site there seems to be a long loading time. Is it because I am no selecting a site designed for palms? I am very new to this, i know if i launch the regular openwave browser it will be slow because my network caps the speed but the other browsers should carry a faster transfer speed due to the 1x.

Dreaderus
    The Kyocera EIS browser is VERY slow even on Palm optimized sites. Avantgo, Blazer and Xiino are all much faster. EIS is also prone to fatal errors....

The only real advantage that EIS has is the ability to have three different views of "normal" web sites.

Alan

I use Xiino and it's pretty quick...

Oh and the USB cable/serial cable is to sync. USB is much faster, well for me anyways.

From using serial at about 1k/second, I went the USB route and getting about 30k/second

xcom is xxino a sep app?

Administrator
    Xiino is a palm browser for the palm os. it can access sites that use javascript.

Xiino has been discussed here. it is a good browser, as well as the avantgo browser.