+ Reply to Thread

Automatically silence ringer at specified time?

I searched the forum, but couldn't find any discussion about this. Is there a program/hack that will allow you to set a time that the ringer will automatically be silenced, turned on, etc? For example, I'd like the ringer to automatically be silenced during the work day, but the ringer should turn itself on at 5:00.

Thanks,
    Mike<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I had a simmilar idea about 1200 posts ago:

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=4120

My idea is to automiatically call foward at preset times (when I'm at work)

Sounds like it might be possible with Crony, but I haven't messed with it yet to see if its possible.

The only other solution I can see is to use delayed call fowarding (*92) and then use the 7135's Auto power on & Off to have it power off at the right times.

Right now I have a speed dials set for fowarding and unfowarding to make it simple.

Hope this helps.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

I think Mike was only looking to set the silence feature automatically. He still wants to get the calls on the 7135. This is a feature I'd like to have too. I do it manually at the moment.

Perhaps something like Macroplay would work for this.

ie. set up a macro on a timer to silence the phone at a certain time then a second macro to enable the ringer at a later time.

just a thought.

Originally posted by jculp99
    Perhaps something like Macroplay would work for this.

ie. set up a macro on a timer to silence the phone at a certain time then a second macro to enable the ringer at a later time.

just a thought.
    Have you used Macroplay with the 7135? I can't figure out how to stop recording. It says to hit the power button, but I tried hitting the button that powers off the phone, but it didn't work. I also tried the backlight button which shuts off the 7135, but that didn't work either.

Thanks,
    Mike

Originally posted by mikelawr
    Have you used Macroplay with the 7135?
    Sorry Mike but no. I just received the phone today and it is in the charger now.

I remember trying Macroplay on the 6035 but didn't like it enough to pay for it. I can't remember what I hit on the 6035 to stop the macro recording.

Once I get the phone set up and backed up I'll try to give the demo another shot.

jculp99