+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kyo Rip-Off

Kyo Rip-Off

What do you guys think about this one?

Sent back a defective 7135. Received a new one ok. I was charged $46 because the case was "scratched". It had been in a case since new and there were no visible scratches I could see before sending it back. <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

When I checked into a replacement I was told there would be a $51 charge if there was "cosmetic" damage. They should have told you about the policy before the exchanged the phone.

They didn't say a word.

Then they shouldn't have charged you, though it will probably be impossible to get them to refund the money. Also, they may say that you had the alternative to just have your phone fixed under warranty without being charged, even though you would be without the phone for a few days.

Administrator
    well you know that phone will be a refurb...

That sucks. If the phone was defective and needed to be replaced because of it then cosmetic damage should have fallen under normal wear and tear. If not they should repair *your* phone and return it with the cosmetic damage or give you the option to pay for a new face plate or whatever.

What was the defect?

-Quick