+ Reply to Thread

Question on Palm function while using phone

7135 Users,

I've been reading all the reviews on the 7135 over the past several months and have been really impressed with the phone in most instances. The only thing holding me back from taking the plunge is the fact that the touch screen is disabled while you are in phone mode, (at least that is what some of the reviews say). So what, exactly does that mean?

I'm looking for some feed back from people who own the phone. Will I be able to schedule an appointment while I am talking on the phone? Will I be able to look up contact information while I am talking on the phone? I want to be able to use the Palm functionality while I am actually using the phone. If I can't do this, I'd rather have a separate Palm and phone.

Your feed back is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Yes, you can use the palm to play games, enter addresses, and/or memo's; all while talking on the phone. The reviews that you are reading are talking about the "Phone" application, which in and of itself is not touch sensitive. However, you can exit that app while on a phone call and use the Palms other features.

Hope this helps...

Byrd Dog
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

And don't believe what you read about it being a negative that the phone app is not touch sensitive. You don't need it. It's to keep you from making things happen when your face hits the screen.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

And while we're at it, let's debunk a few other screwups from clueless reviewers...

The 7135 does actually have a backlit keypad (though it is rather dim) and the SD slot is SDIO.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

When my girlfriend calls at night, I play SimCity while I talk to her on speakerphone...
    "Why all the pearls, why the blue hair, why anything!?"

Originally posted by Markito
    And while we're at it, let's debunk a few other screwups from clueless reviewers...

The 7135 does actually have a backlit keypad (though it is rather dim) and the SD slot is SDIO.
    "clueless reviewers..." You took the words right out of my mouth. That Mossberg (spelling?) guy from the Wall Street Journal immediately comes to mind. Geesh.
    Michael