+ Reply to Thread

Can't transfer MP3's to Smartphone

I have the Kyocera MP3 Desktop installed and am trying to transfer some MP3's to the phone. I am following the instructions and have the phone in the cradel, the Downloader app loaded and the Connect button used but the MP3 Desktop keeps giving me this error:

To perform this function, complete the following steps.

1. Connect your phone via the cradle or data cable.
    2. Make sure the Downloader app is open and runnning on the phone.
    3. Press the "Connect" button.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Fully Converged

Re: Can't transfer MP3's to Smartphone

Originally posted by NDPTAL85
    I have the Kyocera MP3 Desktop installed and am trying to transfer some MP3's to the phone. I am following the instructions and have the phone in the cradel, the Downloader app loaded and the Connect button used but the MP3 Desktop keeps giving me this error:

To perform this function, complete the following steps.

1. Connect your phone via the cradle or data cable.
    2. Make sure the Downloader app is open and runnning on the phone.
    3. Press the "Connect" button.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Did you select the MP3s from your source in the left upper pane, then highlight the selections in the right upper pane, then "add" them (or cut and paste) them into the lower pane, then press "copy to device"?

It is a slow process using the Kyo MP3 desktop utility, but it does work. As has been mentioned here it is much faster to write them onto an SD card with a cruzer or other card writer.

Good luck!
    From the Middle of the Sea ;-)

you need a sd card

I couldn't get the MP3 Downloader to work on a serial port, but I did get it to work under USB. When you connect via USB and tap the Connect button, you'll need your CD handy to load the USB hardware driver.
    ~~~~
    Dave

Hrm

Joeknalli, I've been doing what you told me to do before I posted here.

badboy513, I do NOT have an SD card yet, are you saying you can't transfer MP3's to the phone's internal memory?

GTown_Dude, I'm running XP. USB is native, I haven't needed to install any USB drivers for Hotsynching or printing or any other USB thing so why do I need to for this?

Sandisk Cruzer

There was a Sandisk product flyer in the box my 7135 came in. On the flyer it shows a Cruzer with a SD card inserted into it which implies it is a card writer. But when I go to the www.sandiskstore.com website and look up the Cruzer it says nothing about writing to SD cards. Instead it gives me the impression that its a storage device itself since there's different sizes you can buy, 32mb, 64mb, 128mb, and 256mb. If its just a card writer then why does it need to have storage on its own? Are these guys just really bad at writing a product description or am I missing something here?

Re: Hrm

badboy513, I do NOT have an SD card yet, are you saying you can't transfer MP3's to the phone's internal memory?

That is correct. You can ONLY transfer MP3's to an SD or MMC card.

This is clearly stated in the manual, and the MP3 FAQ on this board: http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=4904

Alan

Thanks for the info. Why wasn't that MP3 FAQ thread made into a sticky so it would always be on the first page of the forum?

Thanks for the info. Why wasn't that MP3 FAQ thread made into a sticky so it would always be on the first page of the forum?
    Becuase it is no more important then any of the other FAQ's in the 7135 FAQ's forum.

One hint, when looking at the FAQ forum, set the "order by" drop down at the bottom of hte list to "from the beginning" or you won't see the earlier FAQ's. Antoher option is to just bookmark this link, which sets that optin for you:

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...1000&x=15&y=15

Alan

My mistake. I didn't even notice it was in the 7135 FAQ forum. I thought it was in this one.

Re: Sandisk Cruzer

There was a Sandisk product flyer in the box my 7135 came in. On the flyer it shows a Cruzer with a SD card inserted into it which implies it is a card writer. But when I go to the www.sandiskstore.com website and look up the Cruzer it says nothing about writing to SD cards. Instead it gives me the impression that its a storage device itself since there's different sizes you can buy, 32mb, 64mb, 128mb, and 256mb. If its just a card writer then why does it need to have storage on its own? Are these guys just really bad at writing a product description or am I missing something here?
    The Cruzer is basically a card reader. They're trying to make it look like it's a portable drive for your computer. The only difference from other card readers is that the card can be completely enclosed in the Cruzer to protect it. You don't half to use it to read the card that comes with it. Other readers will work. I find it's easier to use my cheaper card reader since I don't have to disconnect it to insert or remove the card.

It's much faster to just copy MP3s to the card with a reader than using the Kyo app.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.